FedEx Freight | Has anyone heard about this?

I was incorrect about the being laden part. I want to direct you to item #6 on in this FAQ though.

Glad you caught it yourself . Regulations allow it's use for several personal use situations. FedEx policy says must be unladen. A shame because it can be useful, allowing movement of truck while on lunch break.

Freightliner has a diagnostic app you can change the governor with. I think it's technically illegal to obtain the proprietary app without buying a Freightliner. Saw a dozen guys get fired at my last job for using it and the company took legal action against the guy that was sharing the app for lost profit due to lower fuel efficiency at higher speeds.
This is also probably 8 or 9 years ago when apps were the hot new thing and every company had a app for everything. I'm almost 100% sure freightliner doesn't have an app like this anymore.

You won't be able to change a Cummins parameter without the change being logged in the Audit Trail, and with the tool id#(even if you could). I've worked on Cummins for 36 years. Just sayin. FXF has Eaton mostly Ultrashift Trans, you can't tap into VSS either, it's data transfers over data link. By the way the green data link connector is only a comm connector, it talks to either VECU or CECU or both (gateways) besides, won't the ELD itself rat you out? LOL....

Used to be a guy years ago that ran around terre haute in that sold some device that plugged into the data port that changed speed parameters. Think it was like 150 bucks. Nothing new. Really stupid to lose your job over. You especially don’t want to do anything now when we are not so needed and highly expendable.
We didn't have devices on our old double disc 200s
After they came out with the PT, it was easy enough to change shims or a spring, you just needed to know the right color spring.
You need to keep under 46, you'll live longer.

Sad part is, even if you get our trucks turned up now it'll show if they ever review footage from it on the ELD metrics. (Because you know very well if we could do 75 we would the entire way without lifting the foot off the floor) And depending on what it does, it ****s with the ECM and they can see changes made whenever they hookup the laptops to it.

Wait. Maybe we should have someone go around changing them so it forces them to look at all them check engine lights.:438:

What a shame. Reports also are out that drivers have been getting fired for using PC when running out of time instead of getting paid to wait for rescue.
Also drivers getting caught wedging something in the lane departure so it won’t turn back on

Lane departure is on its own fuse in Paccar trucks. Not sure about other makes. If that fuse is blown, lane departure will not work.

Too bad those fuses are on back order for the next several years...