FedEx Freight | Has anyone heard about this?

Gotta be fake news, in all my days, I've never heard of a truck driver to even think about tampering with a governor.
However, we had the safety man from Houston get fired for holding the flashlight while a driver turned fuel or rpm to a B-model Mack.
The best I recall, the driver got a 30-day layoff.
Back in the day Preston bought some used fords from Spartan. You could hold the accelerator to the floor while driving, switch the ignition off and back on 3 times and it would bypass the governer. ( so I’ve been told )

Back in the day Preston bought some used fords from Spartan. You could hold the accelerator to the floor while driving, switch the ignition off and back on 3 times and it would bypass the governer. ( so I’ve been told )

Actually though, if you weren’t trying to squeeze a few more rpm’s out of a truck, you weren’t actually ever driving one…

I wouldn't be one bit surprised.
They have been so many different governors since my days, drivers have made enough stingers, jumpers, and hoses to fill Slave's 53' trailer, trying to beat them.
Back in the day of the Woodward and Bosch governors on the 673 Mack, I personally know of enough lead-crimped seals thrown in the ditch at Brock's Truck Stop in Whitmire S C to pollute S C's water system for 1200 years.

What a shame. Reports also are out that drivers have been getting fired for using PC when running out of time instead of getting paid to wait for rescue.
Also drivers getting caught wedging something in the lane departure so it won’t turn back on
Driver at my old yard, 19 years plus with the company. Wedged a a half book of matches in there and one day forgot to take it out. HQ tells shop check this tractor, not one lane deviation warning last night. Make sure system is operating properly. Shop took a picture of the matchbook. Fired that night when he came into work. Tampering with Company Safety Equipment.

Its easy , just goggle 15% speed updates for Peterbilt or International and follow the guide on pressing the cruise at same time as gas pedal when going downhill and speed will increase by 15% !:shift:

They took our ability to do the “cruise bump” away, years ago. R11ish era…

Cause y’all got no hills! I’d start in 2nd, but did 100 down the backside! Georgia overdrive worked great for this yank, and you never made any delay pay off me nasvegas!

Freightliner has a diagnostic app you can change the governor with. I think it's technically illegal to obtain the proprietary app without buying a Freightliner. Saw a dozen guys get fired at my last job for using it and the company took legal action against the guy that was sharing the app for lost profit due to lower fuel efficiency at higher speeds.

Glad we don’t buy freighliners anymore.

Man I miss my R8#@÷ it would fly and pull pretty good! Now what we consider flying is 68 lol

It wasn't flying and pulling good by the time I got it. It was on its last leg and put on the "for sale" line not too long after that.

We had 1 R11 KW that was highly sought after. Those guys were mad when it was given to another building to be used as a DDC truck.