FedEx Freight | Has anyone heard about this?

bigdaddy300

TB Lurker
Credits
Kinda curious to see if anyone heard about drivers in atl being caught using an app on their phone and rigging something to turn the speed up on the trucks? ...heard a bunch of guys were caught and have been out out of service or fired

The only way I can see how to make a class 8 truck go faster is to unhook the speed sensor on the back of the transmission.... once you do that... all kinds of flags will be popping up with time stamps for it.

Time stamps for who was driving it at the time it was unhooked

Not a good thing to do.... I would say.

Used to be a guy years ago that ran around terre haute in that sold some device that plugged into the data port that changed speed parameters. Think it was like 150 bucks. Nothing new. Really stupid to lose your job over. You especially don’t want to do anything now when we are not so needed and highly expendable.

What a shame. Reports also are out that drivers have been getting fired for using PC when running out of time instead of getting paid to wait for rescue.
Also drivers getting caught wedging something in the lane departure so it won’t turn back on

Personal conveyance is only legal when bob tailing to a hotel, for example. You can’t use it if you’re under a trailer and certainly not if under a load. Im not saying you should be terminated, unless there were other factors involved in the discharge.

negative.. Don't post that here 65 is fast enough for our bad drivers and I don't want to see any good drivers get fired...
Gotta be fake news, in all my days, I've never heard of a truck driver to even think about tampering with a governor.
However, we had the safety man from Houston get fired for holding the flashlight while a driver turned fuel or rpm to a B-model Mack.
The best I recall, the driver got a 30-day layoff.

Gotta be fake news, in all my days, I've never heard of a truck driver to even think about tampering with a governor.
However, we had the safety man from Houston get fired for holding the flashlight while a driver turned fuel or rpm to a B-model Mack.
The best I recall, the driver got a 30-day layoff.
And I used to think "stinger" was something a bee or wasp had. :duh:

What a shame. Reports also are out that drivers have been getting fired for using PC when running out of time instead of getting paid to wait for rescue.
Also drivers getting caught wedging something in the lane departure so it won’t turn back on
We all must remember that currently we as individuals are more expendable than ever as fedex is over staffed. Not the time when you want anyone or any committee deciding wether you should stay or go.

Freightliner has a diagnostic app you can change the governor with. I think it's technically illegal to obtain the proprietary app without buying a Freightliner. Saw a dozen guys get fired at my last job for using it and the company took legal action against the guy that was sharing the app for lost profit due to lower fuel efficiency at higher speeds.