Has anyone recieved checks from the law firm?

bigbuddy

TB Lurker
Credits
I have heard that some drivers are getting checks in the mail in the amount of $100.00 or less. I wonder if that is true or not.

Well from what I have heard if it was a class action that is about what they will get.MR.Attorny will b rolling in dough.
I read an article where a woman filed in small claims court.She got $9500.Attorneys tried to get her in a class action.The ones in class action would receive $100 to $200 each.Attorneys a measly $8 Million. The Lawsuit was over gas milage on window stickers on new cars.

Ok, so unless you guys from the J1 area signed a no talk stipulation,has NJ suit been settled, or is this just driver bullsh-t that things are crashing down for sun capital ??????

Lawsuit not settles.NO one received any payments. Sun Capital still doing delaying tactics.Maybe they are hoping most of us will die before they have to pay up. lol..

The guys that went in on the NJ state suit have settled. They cannot get anything from the federal one

can you post any details of the settlement ? Let me think now, sun capital will settle and pay each person in that suit, but will admit no guilt ? Glad to hear this, heard a amount of what they recieved, but for me it's not about the money, as much as it's about them b-stards admitting guilt and not pulling that sh-t on any more hard working people.Hopefully now the other suit can proceed and alot more people can get some closeure

I work at Pyle. Quite a few local J1 guys work there. We bump into each other now and then. Dont want to give names. He was a J1 local. Settled for 4500
Maybe before fees. Dont know what he actually recieved. Did you try the google machine??

I may see the driver soon I will ask. Try pm'ing member localdriver. He may know. He has been active in the new century room in the past few weeks

It it true. On facebook, if you go on "I used to work for Jevic Transportation" page, there is an actual picture of a check that a driver received for $65.00.

I just spoke to one of the guys who settled. It was the Nj state one. Started with about 125 guys. 35 settled. This driver got between 10000 and 11000 dollars. After fees and taxes kept around 4000. He was a 15 year guy