TForce | Has anyone seen a Yankee Candle shipment lately....?

I haven’t seen it either. I think we are raising customer pricing to politely lose them.
We still have MegaSlam basketball rims, Gazebo’s, Sunsetter, PlayNation, Rogue because we have to honor the long UPS contracts. However, we are told once they expire it’s going to be a double digit rate increase for them.

There all trash freight. As far as Tesla is concerned, you can never make money on this large customers, they are too demanding and high maintenance.

I haven’t seen it either. I think we are raising customer pricing to politely lose them.
We still have MegaSlam basketball rims, Gazebo’s, Sunsetter, PlayNation, Rogue because we have to honor the long UPS contracts. However, we are told once they expire it’s going to be a double digit rate increase for them.
All of the are liftgate and residentials, and most are to long for any liftgate made by mankind.

When do the contracts expire?

When do the contracts expire?
Contracts always have an "out" clause, typically 90 days which allows the company to find a new carrier. Customers on tariff rates are given 30 days notice of either an increase on the rates or termination. This is all part of the "freight that fits" campaign. The standard over-length fee ( 9-12 feet) went from 120 dollars to 250 dollars appx six months ago.

Contracts always have an "out" clause, typically 90 days which allows the company to find a new carrier. Customers on tariff rates are given 30 days notice of either an increase on the rates or termination. This is all part of the "freight that fits" campaign. The standard over-length fee ( 9-12 feet) went from 120 dollars to 250 dollars appx six months ago.
It's ridiculous freight which can either immediately injure or wears on the body over time.
I had them get a 6' Jack for playground deliveries to homes. But even that wears on you just moving that jack around all day after you deliver.
Stupid freight contributes to the workman's comp claims.

The ideal situation would be for the manufacturers to ship their own garbage like that and deliver it.......but that makes them easy to organize.
And we can't have that now, can we?
Oh no.
None of THAT

All of the are liftgate and residentials, and most are to long for any liftgate made by mankind.
You would be surprised to see me hook a 53 and sleeper tractor into residential culdesacs. Trying to deliver into garages. Things they never teach in trucking school.

If Trucking school had been the 10 Commandments, the 11th will be Thee Shalt Back thine rig into the smallest of spaces.

We used to get Yankee Candle at Motor Cargo. I guess they needed the reefers in the summertime. If the candle melts the wick goes to the bottom (AFAIK). Mostly it was mall freight for us. Maybe YC is a legacy customer for you guys. I guess they got rid of the reefers because California made new emissions laws as UPS was acquiring MC. I always wondered who ended up with all that reefer LTL freight.

California destroyed the ability to have a engine anywhere that burns liquid fuel.

The engine needs to have such clean emissions you can hook it to patients in the ICU hospital ward off it's california exhaust being cleaner than the air they supply.

Thats a impossible situation. No more reefer trailers go into California. I was with Dowdy and we were a reefer fleet. Mostly thermokings and Great Danes by the hundreds. BEAUTIFUL reefers and absolute reliability, performance and so on. Beautiful, makes me tear up to be around such engineering of such exquisite design and execution in California.

Under current Cali laws today all that ::shit:: in his yard out of Batesville will have to be replaced with new model 2023 reefer trailers. Too expensive and not worth it. Close up the place and go do something else more fun in life.

Thank you very much Cali. We should saw the whole state off, break it off from the USA, tow it to china on the ocean and attach a for sale sign on it for them to buy.

Still haven't seen a Yankee. i guess we have lost it.

i HAVE done a tesla deliv and pickup just two days ago, so i suppose there is still hope with that account?

Still haven't seen a Yankee. i guess we have lost it.

i HAVE done a tesla deliv and pickup just two days ago, so i suppose there is still hope with that account?
Same. I did a pickup the other day, it was a return that contained a Model X lift gate.
They don’t know how to ship, they just tossed it in box with no “in transit” protection like bubble wrap etc. They used masking tape to seal box. (Makes our duct tape mechanics look good) put the BOL in the packing slip backwards and stuck it in box. The box was huge, takes up two skid spots but it’s a trailer space killer. I had to show them the proper way to ship this box of nastiness.
I’m pretty sure we raised rates to drop them politely but this customer was either stuck in a contractual agreement, (UPS/TFI secret lovers 5 year romance) no where else to go or we were still cheaper. Next time we are going to be pretty aggressive with the unprofitable ugly betty freight price hikes. Hope we fare well.
I notice R&L and Old D getting some of our accounts as well. Mostly the ones we had hustle attendance problems with. (Arriving late or wayyyyyy past closing time to show DIAD attempt)

Same. I did a pickup the other day, it was a return that contained a Model X lift gate.
They don’t know how to ship, they just tossed it in box with no “in transit” protection like bubble wrap etc. They used masking tape to seal box. (Makes our duct tape mechanics look good) put the BOL in the packing slip backwards and stuck it in box. The box was huge, takes up two skid spots but it’s a trailer space killer. I had to show them the proper way to ship this box of nastiness.
I’m pretty sure we raised rates to drop them politely but this customer was either stuck in a contractual agreement, (UPS/TFI secret lovers 5 year romance) no where else to go or we were still cheaper. Next time we are going to be pretty aggressive with the unprofitable ugly betty freight price hikes. Hope we fare well.
I notice R&L and Old D getting some of our accounts as well. Mostly the ones we had hustle attendance problems with. (Arriving late or wayyyyyy past closing time to show DIAD attempt)
That is a sure way to lose customers. Show up after closing with a delivery, then have dispatch tell you to code it "business closed", then try to bill them for a redelivery. They figure it out fast..

Yankee Candle. Ridiculously tall pallets. Overweight. And customer expects inside delivery. Usually in a congested shopping mall or strip. With no dock or help from store employees.

I hope the circumstances are better for you at T-Force than what I described for us at XPO. What salesperson or management thinks this is a money maker is beyond me.

Yankee Candle. Ridiculously tall pallets. Overweight. And customer expects inside delivery. Usually in a congested shopping mall or strip. With no dock or help from store employees.

I hope the circumstances are better for you at T-Force than what I described for us at XPO. What salesperson or management thinks this is a money maker is beyond me.

So.....you work at XPO.....and you guys are now doing the inside deliv yankee candle?