R&L | Have Any Other Terminals Other Than Dallas Been Handed The New Pto Rules

nobodysboy

here to inform not to conform.
Credits
Ah yes. City of Dallas enacted a new policy for employers mandating giving employees paid personal time off. This encompasses all employers city wide. Because of this R+L has made some new rules combining all of our time off including personal days into one big bundle. Your respective weeks of vacation are now 40 per week and then they add your 3 personal days at 8 hours per day all into one big bundle. And the cherry on top is it's not available until your anniversary. How sweet. Let us know if this new policy applies to everyone or if this is just happening in Dallas. Paid time off is a good thing but it's nice to know we all have the same policies. Ever since the driver got crushed by the forklift a few years back they rescinded workers compensation in Texas. I'm sure this new policy will just enhance all the happy happy feelings around the Dallas terminal. Doesn't really bother me nor affect my feelings about R+L but darnit.....this company does have a way of making changes to the Dallas environment just because. As I have said in the past.....if someone asks me if we are hiring I suggest Old Dominion or Saia or Southeastern. I just don't feel this company has ever considered employees an asset. Merry Christmas to all.

Ah yes. City of Dallas enacted a new policy for employers mandating giving employees paid personal time off. This encompasses all employers city wide. Because of this R+L has made some new rules combining all of our time off including personal days into one big bundle. Your respective weeks of vacation are now 40 per week and then they add your 3 personal days at 8 hours per day all into one big bundle. And the cherry on top is it's not available until your anniversary. How sweet. Let us know if this new policy applies to everyone or if this is just happening in Dallas. Paid time off is a good thing but it's nice to know we all have the same policies. Ever since the driver got crushed by the forklift a few years back they rescinded workers compensation in Texas. I'm sure this new policy will just enhance all the happy happy feelings around the Dallas terminal. Doesn't really bother me nor affect my feelings about R+L but darnit.....this company does have a way of making changes to the Dallas environment just because. As I have said in the past.....if someone asks me if we are hiring I suggest Old Dominion or Saia or Southeastern. I just don't feel this company has ever considered employees an asset. Merry Christmas to all.
Not a peep in my neck of the woods. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Not a peep in my neck of the woods. Merry Christmas to you as well.
Ok thanks. Shadow? You're the guy in the know. Ask your TM if he has heard this great news about Dallas turning everything in to PTO to avoid doing the right thing. Besides the fact we are more than a dollar an hour behind everyone else. Is R+L at war with the Dallas terminal?

Not picking a fight with you Nobody, but I don't quite follow what happened to you guys. Our vacation is 10 hours as is our personal days. Paid holidays are paid out at 8 hours per day. Vacation available at anniversary date and personal days available first of the year. Assuming you all were the same till this law took effect. You say it's Dallas only? How did it benefit the company to take away the hours on vacation time? I think I'm missing something here, the personal days and vacation days are all PTO from an accounting perspective as far as I know. Are you guys at two weeks after first year, 3 weeks at 10, and 4 weeks at 20?

Not picking a fight with you Nobody, but I don't quite follow what happened to you guys. Our vacation is 10 hours as is our personal days. Paid holidays are paid out at 8 hours per day. Vacation available at anniversary date and personal days available first of the year. Assuming you all were the same till this law took effect. You say it's Dallas only? How did it benefit the company to take away the hours on vacation time? I think I'm missing something here, the personal days and vacation days are all PTO from an accounting perspective as far as I know. Are you guys at two weeks after first year, 3 weeks at 10, and 4 weeks at 20?
All correct. 2, 3, and 4 are now rolled in to what company calls pto. Vacations at 40 per week pto....personal days 8 hours each. All classified as pto. They're punishing Dallas employees because of Dallas city pto policy.

All correct. 2, 3, and 4 are now rolled in to what company calls pto. Vacations at 40 per week pto....personal days 8 hours each. All classified as pto. They're punishing Dallas employees because of Dallas city pto policy.
I think 4 at 16

Ok thanks. Shadow? You're the guy in the know. Ask your TM if he has heard this great news about Dallas turning everything in to PTO to avoid doing the right thing. Besides the fact we are more than a dollar an hour behind everyone else. Is R+L at war with the Dallas terminal?
Ill check but my TM seems to be kind of clueless. Connecticut passed a sick time law a few years back and R+L said, our lawyers looked into it and we are exempt. Ive looked at the law and see no exemptions but that was there official decision and they are sticking with it.

My last employer bundled all our time off into PTO. To me it actually makes sense. Here’s your pto use how you like.

Not going to be good if they drop vacation from 50 hours to 40 hours though.
According to the new regs vacation is going 40 hours per week. 50 is gone. 8 hours per personal day. Some jibberish about a couple other terminals supposedly doing it but that remains to be seen. Guys who saved vacation from 2019 just lost 10 hours per week. I'm getting that warm fuzzy feeling. R+L just put a feather in their cap. Multi million dollar tax break just isn't good enough.

The discussion on the R+L Drivers Facebook page is that this will be company wide eventually. They started it with locations whos states or local governments passed mandatory sick time laws although my state was the first or one of the first to pass such a law almost 5 years ago and we haven't heard a thing yet.

According to the new regs vacation is going 40 hours per week. 50 is gone. 8 hours per personal day. Some jibberish about a couple other terminals supposedly doing it but that remains to be seen. Guys who saved vacation from 2019 just lost 10 hours per week. I'm getting that warm fuzzy feeling. R+L just put a feather in their cap. Multi million dollar tax break just isn't good enough.
Apparently, Chicago, all terminals in New Jersey and Maryland have also been notified already but word is they are going to push it company wide.

Talked to TM today. He said only terminals that are within a jurisdiction/municipality/state that passes laws about PTO or wages will be affected. Two silver bullets standing there with him when he said it. One of the silver bullets has a terminal affected by local laws and confirmed the company is only going to change if required to do so by local or state law changes. He wouldn't say which terminal of his is affected because it is not general knowledge yet but I know his prime area is the eastern seaboard .