R&L | Have Any Other Terminals Other Than Dallas Been Handed The New Pto Rules

According to the new regs vacation is going 40 hours per week. 50 is gone. 8 hours per personal day. Some jibberish about a couple other terminals supposedly doing it but that remains to be seen. Guys who saved vacation from 2019 just lost 10 hours per week. I'm getting that warm fuzzy feeling. R+L just put a feather in their cap. Multi million dollar tax break just isn't good enough.
Yeah I got burned on that one too

Does your vacation time and sick time roll over to the next year if you don't use it?
Now I have been told that through the end of 2020 it does not roll over....for 2020. Then in 2021, 5 days are allowed to roll....That being said let's say your full load of days doesn't happen until December how can you use your time before years end....there is a lot of smoke in the air as R+L tries to figure out how to keep all of us from actually enjoying our time off when it works for us. With their new policy I m putting in my single days when it works for me....PTO...is....PTO. It can't always be about keeping the rank and file in order...is it? It can't always be about the customer...it just can't

So does R&L still have to have some other type of coverage or does it go on your private health insurance?
R+L has what they call injury recovery here in Texas....one of a few states that does not require workers comp. Besides the driver getting crushed 2 years before that happened a driver fell inside an iced up trailer broke all his teeth out and broke all his cervical vertebrae....was hospitalized for 6 months and once he could move with a walker they made him come in on light duty. After 1 year they terminated his employment...a very sad story...to a really good worker and person. Crushed driver lifetime job....broken teeth and paralyzed fired...You tell me,,,,does R+L truly care about you.....

R+L has what they call injury recovery here in Texas....one of a few states that does not require workers comp. Besides the driver getting crushed 2 years before that happened a driver fell inside an iced up trailer broke all his teeth out and broke all his cervical vertebrae....was hospitalized for 6 months and once he could move with a walker they made him come in on light duty. After 1 year they terminated his employment...a very sad story...to a really good worker and person. Crushed driver lifetime job....broken teeth and paralyzed fired...You tell me,,,,does R+L truly care about you.....
Sad story indeed! And on what grounds was he terminated?

Just asking, but you say there is no work comp protection for workers in Texas? Thx

Just asking, but you say there is no work comp protection for workers in Texas? Thx
Texas is a state that doesn't require workers comp. Don't get me started but it made me aware this company is not interested in taking care of you if you get hurt on the job.

Texas is a state that doesn't require workers comp. Don't get me started but it made me aware this company is not interested in taking care of you if you get hurt on the job.
So is it up to the individual company as to handle on the job injuries?

So is it up to the individual company as to handle on the job injuries?
Most companies in Texas have workers comp. Many don't have light duty so you collect while you recover. Others like R+L have always implemented light duty whether it's guard shack or painting poles. I hurt myself a couple years back could hardly move. They didn't really have anything I could do but still had to come in. Hated it. I prefer driving over light duty.