Averitt | HAZ-MAT Load

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
I picked up a HAZ MAT load of different types of ACID in BHM going down to La.....had enough placards on it, to yell at the DOT inspectors " HEY LOOK AT ME",. I wondered why just a single class 8 corrosive sticker would have done the trick!
eaf3p4.jpg

Placards are to be 3 inches from any other marking on unit

Got a good lookover at the MS scales on I20/59 and at the Lafayette La scales on I10, they never said a word about the placards placement.....just wanted to see my paperwork.

For whatever reason, DOT has a phobia about these tote tanks and number placards have to be used for each commodity. I've hauled a similar load out of BTR that looked like this. La. won't hardly mess with you but Texas will.

How many of you
a: Have seen this poster on the wall in terminals
b: Looked it over closely and understand what is coming our way.
c: Ever sat in on a safety meeting where one of our highly trained safety guys have explained this?

Raise your hand if all 3 of the above apply to you. :tumbleweed:

And, here is more on Haz Mat....

I know that we all have seen trailers with the placards turned around backwards as pictured below. Are you aware this is a palcard faux pas and can cost you just as much as wrong placards, no placards, etc. NEVER ride down the road with these placards on the trailer, reversed or otherwise.

The sad thing is that I see this ALL the time. Idiots. :burnsauce: