TForce | Hazmat fingerprint reimbursment

mtrg man

TB Lurker
Credits
The company is refusing to reimburse employees for hazmat fingerprint background check.Grievance heard in spokane wa. on 10 28 10,local labor managers agree on past practice .This decision goes before David G. (West coast labor manager) for final review.Stay tuned to see if it goes to panel.All this came about because POS tm couldn't remember how he reimbursed employees in the past.He contacted HR and was advised the company is no longer reimbursing employees for this expense.The CLOWNS are running the show.

Well how about back in the day when UPS Freight was still Overrnite.
We city drivers that had anything to do with dock work,were required to ware steel toed safety shoes.
We had to pay the total cost out of our pockets with no help from the company.
However if you didn't ware them you couldn't work.

There is one example whenever rules are written in stone, they are to be followed,or you are welcome to leave and find a job elsewhere.

I would put it this way.. It is our CDL and not theirs so why would they need to pay for it??
Do you pay for drug testing and physicals? It's what the gov. requires you to have in order to drive so why shouldn't they pick up the tab.

Do you pay for drug testing and physicals? It's what the gov. requires you to have in order to drive so why shouldn't they pick up the tab.

Random drug screenings are up to the company to pay for because it's a requirement from the government. Physicals are not required by law to be paid by the company. It's just a nice quirk that they are paying it.

We grieved that if the company requires steel toed boots that they should pay for them. Guess what? We lost the grievance, sorry.

Well actually safety shoes are not a company policy.
It is a government thing.
OSHA Laws for Safety Shoes | eHow.com

If you itemize your taxes you are allowed to deduct your safety shoes.
I also bought my own hand cart because Overnite had junky ones.
I was allowed to deduct the price of my hand cart as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
employees at spokane will reimbursed for hazmat fingerprint background check as required by the TSA. other terminals currently reimburse their employees, this is one company so reimbursment should apply to all.

Anything required by an employer should be paid for by the employer. Any endorsements they require should be paid for by the employer.

According to the current UPS Freight contract: "ARTICLE 16" "EXAMINATION AND IDENTIFICATION FEES Section 1. Required Examination Physical, mental or other examinations required by a government body…The Employer shall pay for all such examinations for all regular and probationary employees.”
We are requirred to have a HAZMAT endorcement so...
I paid cash for the TSA finger print process, submitted it to UPS Freight management on a company expense form, and they reimbursed my cost on a separate check. No grievance...no bull...

Last edited by a moderator: