FedEx Freight | Hazmat Question

Holo989

TB Lurker
Credits
I had a pickup today of some bulk hazmat. It was three 300 gal totes class 8 at 7500lbs. At what weight do you have to put the ID # on the trailer? All of the weight requirements I have found for this has to due with non-bulk containers. I know I have read it somewhere but I can’t remember, dispatch doesn’t know, even called the state DOT and could not get an answer there. Thanks.

I had a pickup today of some bulk hazmat. It was three 300 gal totes class 8 at 7500lbs. At what weight do you have to put the ID # on the trailer? All of the weight requirements I have found for this has to due with non-bulk containers. I know I have read it somewhere but I can’t remember, dispatch doesn’t know, even called the state DOT and could not get an answer there. Thanks.

Liquids don't go by weight, they go by volume. Any container of 450 litres or more, about 119 gallons, requires it's own placard. With other hazmat on the trailer, you would also need the dangerous placard.

You need to run ID numbers when hauling hazmat totes, whether it’s full or residue last contained. You don’t go by weight on placarding bulk hazmat containers, if it has a capacity of 119 gallons or more and has hazmat in it or has not been cleaned it gets an ID number. Just like when a gas hauler delivers his fuel and goes back to load more, they still run bulk placards due to residue last contained.

Liquids don't go by weight, they go by volume. Any container of 450 litres or more, about 119 gallons, requires it's own placard. With other hazmat on the trailer, you would also need the dangerous placard.
Bulk and non bulk on the same trailer are treated as two seperate trailers. Identify and placard for the bulk. Then identify the non bulk. If that totals under 1001 lbs ,placards are not required. Over 1001 lbs, then placard accordingly

Bulk and non bulk on the same trailer are treated as two seperate trailers. Identify and placard for the bulk. Then identify the non bulk. If that totals under 1001 lbs ,placards are not required. Over 1001 lbs, then placard accordingly
:lmao:Now THAT is funny! I hope it was supposed to be...:lmao:

What if?? Oh, never mind.

Totes that have hasmat or have not been purged from containing hasmat need UN placards, its the shippers responsibility to furnish them.

Yes indeed.

No Diamonds or UN Numbers no rolling. It stays right where it is.

Now if you want me to WAIT for those diamonds etc to show up, pay me.

Un number to be used on any bulk hm shipment. Bulk shipment is a hm liquid being. Shipped in tank or tote capable of holding 119 gallons or more. Capable would be key word. 1 gallon or 1000 of haz mat would need un or na placards. Single shipment is on hm being shiped 8820 lbs or more one hm no other freight is on the trailer haz or non haz then un or na number placard would be needed. Two ways un or na number placards would be required.

Doesn't have to have 119 gallons just be capable of holding 119 gallons. 119 Gallo or more tote could only contain 5 gallons and it's a bulk shipment. Would need the un or na 4 digit I'd number displayed on the placard. Some containing residue would need I'd number Placard. They made some changes on residue on some table 2 hm that no longer need to be placarded .