FedEx Freight | Hazmat Question

I probably will

Put a diamond for Class 3 Flammable. General, liquid if available.
Corrosive that is probably a 8.
Poison Inhalation Hazard 6.1 I think.

Three Diamonds on the trailer.
But it is a zone B PIH, even though it’s primary hazard class isn’t poison. Above 2205lbs of Zone A or B PIH has different rules.

This is a brief

UN 2826 II

According to the segregation table I cannot have a 8 with that item. So There is a problem. Probably resolved by shipping 6.1 on a separate truck by itself.

Gospel and verse

I am always open to looking things up and learning or adjusting mistakes. I held a Hazmat until later in my years when things became not worth the trouble to continue to hold it with the CDL A.

It is a point of pride of professionalism to have had perfect hazmat runs. Legal everything, dispatcher be damned. I remember loading one particular acid load at a very good shipper one day despite incurring some vapor related trouble that was relatively minor due to the nature of the facility loading it.

I'm sure one of the guys here will or did Sir .
I was working on it.

In response to the poster that says "look it up" it would be way better to take your position and expand on it to share your position on how YOU will placard and why. Not all of us have the time to sit over coffee and consider the situation.

I am such a weak spot for these old how would you placard challenges. It keeps things from rusting.

I guess we will never find out what our esteemed forumite who has had a big mouth backed by a challenge to share his august knowledge of our fantastic Hazmat system with us who are still learning colors in crayon. He might be a long time truck but its a awful short time of silence when asked a precise question.

I've had the corona virus 16 times now including strains that haven't even been released from the lab. That being said, I never placard an inhalation hazard shipment because I don't have a sense of smell anymore.

If the DOT pulls me over and gets in the trailer, I open the product up and take a big old whiff in front of them to prove it's not hazardous. Then I scream the word "harassment" and pretend like I'm dialing a US Marshal in my phone contacts list.

They give me a clean level 1 and I get a personal call from Fred thanking me for delivering the purple promise.

Last edited:
I've had the corona virus 16 times now including strains that haven't even been released from the lab. That being said, I never placard an inhalation hazard shipment because I don't have a sense of smell anymore.

If the DOT pulls me over and gets in the trailer, I open the product up and take a big old whiff in front of them to prove it's not hazardous. Then I scream the word "harassment" and pretend like I'm dialing a US Marshal in my phone contacts list.

They give me a clean level 1 and I get a personal call from Fred thanking me for delivering the purple promise.
Back when….the company’s colors were blue and white, the company had an account picked up by Bakersfield. Particularly nasty stuff. Even if you got only a small whiff, one of two things would happen.
You’d be laid out wherever you happened to land and eventually get up, or…..
You’d be there until the coroner bagged you.

Acrolein, lovely stuff, we don’t haul it anymore.

If you were laid out on the job they just docked your pay.

Now for those who are permanently laid out, their pay clock card is tacked to the ceiling above the time clock.