FedEx Freight | Hazmat Question

You need to run ID numbers when hauling hazmat totes, whether it’s full or residue last contained. You don’t go by weight on placarding bulk hazmat containers, if it has a capacity of 119 gallons or more and has hazmat in it or has not been cleaned it gets an ID number. Just like when a gas hauler delivers his fuel and goes back to load more, they still run bulk placards due to residue last contained.
This is correct

I always wondered what genius out there came up with the 8820# of weight to display the UN numbers? Or why 1001# of something is placarded, but not 999# of the same product? Just placard regardless of amounts , and communicate the risk to everyone. Geez.
Typical guberment calculations?

I always wondered what genius out there came up with the 8820# of weight to display the UN numbers? Or why 1001# of something is placarded, but not 999# of the same product? Just placard regardless of amounts , and communicate the risk to everyone. Geez.
Negative grasshopper. While perfectly legal under permissive placarding rules, the DRIVER runs the risk of being ticketed if he/she forgets to stop at a RR crossing. And that is a big one. 60 day suspension.

Just saying...

I always wondered what genius out there came up with the 8820# of weight to display the UN numbers? Or why 1001# of something is placarded, but not 999# of the same product?
The 8,820# is equal to 4,000 kilograms. That’s probably why it was used. There’s so much being converted to metric. The 1,001# and not 999# is most likely that there has to be a cutoff somewhere. You can run placards at any weight, and yes, then you would have to stop at railroad crossings and take any designated hazardous material routes, etc.

No, just make sure you put them on after you pass it.
And don't get caught doing it . We had a guy leave the yard and then realized he was not plackarded so pulled over to flip them , lmfao , guess who pulled up to say hi . Some good samaritan called 911 and said a FedEx truck was pulled over and the driver was out of the cab . Have a nice day ...

Because only The United States and Burma use the ridiculous feet and inches, pounds and gallons system. The rest of the world uses the metric system based on a base 10 math system.