FedEx Freight | Hazmat Question

I always wondered what genius out there came up with the 8820# of weight to display the UN numbers? Or why 1001# of something is placarded, but not 999# of the same product? Just placard regardless of amounts , and communicate the risk to everyone. Geez.
Government does anything they do make sense?

I just had to do the annual re-cert for hazmat on our world class intranet. This might have been the dumbest thing I've ever been asked to do. One of the tasks was literally clicking on back facing cards on the display and hopefully getting two of the same ones show up that had an image of a placard. What a waste of time.

I'd like to see this place get back to basics. Focus on getting stuff from point A to point B intact and on time. Admit freight 2020 makes no sense, stop dealing with LGBQ issues, get rid of nonsensical ongoing education measures, etc.

Un number to be used on any bulk hm shipment. Bulk shipment is a hm liquid being. Shipped in tank or tote capable of holding 119 gallons or more. Capable would be key word. 1 gallon or 1000 of haz mat would need un or na placards. Single shipment is on hm being shiped 8820 lbs or more one hm no other freight is on the trailer haz or non haz then un or na number placard would be needed. Two ways un or na number placards would be required.
That weight gets much lower for PIH, 2205 lbs. triggers UN specific placard or orange panels with numbers. The other figures 119 gallons for liquid and 8820 lbs for non bulk are correct.

That weight gets much lower for PIH, 2205 lbs. triggers UN specific placard or orange panels with numbers. The other figures 119 gallons for liquid and 8820 lbs for non bulk are correct.
2205 of table two haz mat requires tre class placards cannot run the dangerous for mi
2205 has nothing to do with a bulk shipment.when shipping none BULK of table 2 and the weight is 2205lbs or more class placard is required. Example. 2500lbs corrosive and 1200lbs of flammable being shiped together on the same trailer you cannot use the dangerous placard for the corrosive shipment.dangerous can be used for the flammable because it is not 2205lbs or more.two way to be legal crossive and dangerous or crossive and flammable.2205lbs is not a bulk shipment.being shiped in a potable tank or tote capable of holding 119 gallons is a bulk shipment. Bulk has nothing to do with weight. 8820lbs or more of one haz mat being shiped and no other freight haz or non haz not a. Bulk shipment but a single shipment un or na numbers required on placards.two exception on table 2 combustible and class 9 only placarded when in bulk

119 gallons or more is not I repeat is not a non bulk shipment.if you think so or know you need study the haz mat regulations

2205 of table two haz mat requires tre class placards cannot run the dangerous for mi

2205 has nothing to do with a bulk shipment.when shipping none BULK of table 2 and the weight is 2205lbs or more class placard is required. Example. 2500lbs corrosive and 1200lbs of flammable being shiped together on the same trailer you cannot use the dangerous placard for the corrosive shipment.dangerous can be used for the flammable because it is not 2205lbs or more.two way to be legal crossive and dangerous or crossive and flammable.2205lbs is not a bulk shipment.being shiped in a potable tank or tote capable of holding 119 gallons is a bulk shipment. Bulk has nothing to do with weight. 8820lbs or more of one haz mat being shiped and no other freight haz or non haz not a. Bulk shipment but a single shipment un or na numbers required on placards.two exception on table 2 combustible and class 9 only placarded when in bulk
Your ticket, your bucks.

119 gallons or more is not I repeat is not a non bulk shipment.if you think so or know you need study the haz mat regulations
Did we say 119 gallons capacity of a table 2 was a non bulk shipment?
Hoping this link works, for everyone else, RC doubts it will help you as apparently you know everything.
The 2205lbs of Poison Inhalation Hazard information is in the bottom right corner of the last page.

I guess PIH is Poison Inhalation Hazard. Isn't that a table 1 haz, therefore ANY amount must be placarded
Inhalation 6 is different from Inhalation 2 (Table 1).

My question is: Do you need Inhalation 6 if you are already placarded Inhalation 2?

I guess PIH is Poison Inhalation Hazard. Isn't that a table 1 haz, therefore ANY amount must be placarded
Yes, any amount must be placarded. However, the rules for a UN specific placard are different, I posted a link with a chart, that information is on the last page bottom right corner.

Did we say 119 gallons capacity of a table 2 was a non bulk shipment?
Hoping this link works, for everyone else, RC doubts it will help you as apparently you know everything.
The 2205lbs of Poison Inhalation Hazard information is in the bottom right corner of the last page.
No I said it was bulk 2205lbs of hazmat doesn't have anything to do with being a bulk shipment. Is that a table 1 or table 2 pin