ODFL | Hazmat renewal

You need to make sure you do not lapse your DOT medical Cert and do not wait too close to renewal date on the HM which is I think 5 years. My state issues 8 year CDLs and other realid licenses. So theoretically if your HM expired years before the CDL does the State will downgrade the whole thing to a basic car license instantly. Poof.

On paper in my State i am grandfathered in so getting a CDL for farm work if need be in that Tier without a DOT Medical anything is possible without too much trouble at the Revenuer. (Yes we call the DMV that too because they also collect Taxes)

I still have a almost current yellow-orange HM book next to my trucking briefcase as a memory item but also due to railroading in my area that carries trainloads of the stuff. Its getting almost to the point I can see a diamond with a number inside and know roughly whatsit. Chlorine gas in particular or its enablers.

I turned in my HM years ago in spite of a dispatcher one day. he complained of waiting almost a hour while I took the bypass for HM routing. a hour after that, no more HM. TYVM.

He hit the roof.

We used to get a mailed notice of a completed background check here in Pa. Last time, maybe 18 months ago, no notice. Waited 3 months, covid. Then called. It was done in a week.

Just had mine done. I got a approval email the next day. Be sure medical card has at least 30 days before expiration when taking test at the dmv.