FedEx Freight | Hazmat Test..are You Kidding Me?

But that’s a double edged sword for daytime road drivers...come in early before your shift and spend the usual 1.75-2 hrs taking the haz-mat test and you run outta hours trying to get back in!!

(This doesn’t apply to me, just responding for a friend)
Valid point for sure. One I'd not considered. Even some of our night guys occasionally push it very close on the 14 hour clock, depending on the kick out.

I've not yet taken the latest round, but I seem to recall it being broken down into separate modules. If so, it doesn't have to be done in one sitting.

For night runs, what about taking it at the hub? Yeah, it would sacrifice dock time, but could be a solution. Tough sell? Perhaps, but nothing says it must be done at the domicile.

Either way, I guess there is NOT a one size fits all solution. BUT, it should be left to driver discretion. At least up until the final deadline for completion...
:putr:

Last edited:
Valid point for sure. One I'd not considered. Even some of our night guys occasionally push it very close on the 14 hour clock, depending on the kick out.

For night runs, what about taking it at the hub? Yeah, it would sacrifice dock time, but could be a solution. Tough sell? Perhaps, but nothing says it must be done at the domicile.
Excellent idea....being a daytime road driver that’s something I hadn’t considered but taking the test at the hub is a great idea, especially for those who fall into the 400-475 (?) category that are just sitting there not getting paid!! Great way to supplement the income...especially if you fail it the first 4 times and it takes you all week to pass it, that’s an extra 10 hours of clock time!! :438:

I took this last week. It's about as frustrating as the older version, but for different reasons.

As far as I could tell you can't fail the assessments. Worst case scenario you just keep submitting answers until something finally sticks.

Some of it is pretty obvious, but I had at least two situations where I knew the answer but couldn't figure out how to submit it in a way that the program would accept. Lots of trial and error.

I took this last week. It's about as frustrating as the older version, but for different reasons.

As far as I could tell you can't fail the assessments. Worst case scenario you just keep submitting answers until something finally sticks.

Some of it is pretty obvious, but I had at least two situations where I knew the answer but couldn't figure out how to submit it in a way that the program would accept. Lots of trial and error.
Sounds lucrative.

Chemistry.... In high school, I had to take a summer school class to get that credit. Want to know what i remember? H2O and CO2. That is all.

I also know do not stack hazmat and strap it down. The end.
Just remember that carbon dioxide is twice as bad as carbon monoxide and you'll do fine.