Holland | Health and Welfare Payment

Snark Monkey

TB Veteran
Credits
So I went off work for surgery. But Central States won't pay me disability because Holland has not paid Health & Welfare for me. (But C.S. is paying all the medical bills)

So I filed a grievance. The Company said, "Oh our mistake, but we have now paid it." I called Central States, "Yea we got the payment." Withdrew the grievance with rights.

Another week goes by, no disability. Called Central States. "Your Employer has not paid any Health & Welfare on you." But you said last week you got the payment. "Well we don't know anything about that."

Then, I called the Hall and the Office Mgr says, "It's communication problem between Holland and C.S. we are not having any issues with other companies paying." "We are working on it though." "I hope to hear something by Tuesday" It's now Wednesday and C.S. is saying, "We have not received payment from your Employer."

The Company pays benefits on the third week of the month and I am pretty sure that is what Holland is waiting for.

Was wondering if anybody has heard of this problem with Guys at your Barn?

So I went off work for surgery. But Central States won't pay me disability because Holland has not paid Health & Welfare for me. (But C.S. is paying all the medical bills)

So I filed a grievance. The Company said, "Oh our mistake, but we have now paid it." I called Central States, "Yea we got the payment." Withdrew the grievance with rights.

Another week goes by, no disability. Called Central States. "Your Employer has not paid any Health & Welfare on you." But you said last week you got the payment. "Well we don't know anything about that."

Then, I called the Hall and the Office Mgr says, "It's communication problem between Holland and C.S. we are not having any issues with other companies paying." "We are working on it though." "I hope to hear something by Tuesday" It's now Wednesday and C.S. is saying, "We have not received payment from your Employer."

The Company pays benefits on the third week of the month and I am pretty sure that is what Holland is waiting for.

CS will pay you disability pay? Thought that would come from your local?

My disability was paid thru my local 71 wasn't much but sure stud help

Holland is very short on CASH lately !! just look around at your barns , Short trailer's and trucks and short workers and Management staff , so we are kinda the 'low cash cowboys of trucking "

Holland is very short on CASH lately !! just look around at your barns , Short trailer's and trucks and short workers and Management staff , so we are kinda the 'low cash cowboys of trucking "
How do the short workers see over the dash???

How do the short workers see over the dash???

0aa9q99.jpg

5k2wrn5.jpg

Give em a big window low dash Astro...

Too bad the thread got hijacked. (I know, I've done it myself) Hope it all works out for you. I'm looking at hip surgery this winter, and I wasn't aware there was a problem with the disability payments. I'll have to check with my local.

Most of us don't have factual information about the original post because we've never had to deal with it.
You would surely think that someone on here would respond with some facts and details about the situation, based on their knowledge and experience.