FedEx Freight | health care change

ill say it real simple so u can understand the health insurance will be shut off Jan 30th.

Out on a limb here...IMHO...

Severance, displacement and lay-offs are equal to separation of employment with the company. As a result there will be a cessation of benefits.

COBRA must be offered as matter of law.

Rat

Severance, displacement and lay-offs are equal to separation of employment with the company. As a result there will be a cessation of benefits.

Rat

I'm going with Rat on this one.
As I live in Ca, will be going to Anthem Blue Cross. They can't possibly be any worse than Cigna.

here's the original post wolf( for those people who may or may not be called back.) So that's how I read it. I'm not siding with one or the other, just seemed you came down on him a little hard that's all.You yourself said you don't read every post then maybe you shouldn't be so quick for criticism.

Agreed. I did miss the, "may or may not be called back" part, mouse wheel too sensitive I guess. I ain't met a driver yet that didn't have the capacity to be a d!ckhead, myself included. :6817:

Rat

I'm going with Rat on this one.
As I live in Ca, will be going to Anthem Blue Cross. They can't possibly be any worse than Cigna.

My personal experience with Cigna has not been bad.

The key to dealing with them or any insurance company is documentation...period.

I document everything...keep every correspondence from them...EOBs and the like.

AND RECORD EVERY CONVERSATION I HAVE WITH THEM!!!!

They don't like it but tough ::shit::...they have the right and so do I...you just have to tell them you are recording the conversation and your butt is covered.

I write down everything and have brought these issues to the forefront in times past.

You have to play the game by their rules...once you are willing to do that they have no upper hand.

Insurance companies bank on the fact that most folks don't go to the extreme that I go to...as I have my ducks in a row I before I talk to them.

All insurance providers suck...regardless of who they are...CIGNA...blue cross/blue shield...or any other.

If they can screw out of a dime...they will!

However they do answer to regulatory agencies...and once you make it known you have no issues with filing a complaint...you have their attention as they have to answer to every inquiry/complaint leveled at them...and that costs money.

I did read a post that it was hard to talk to the same person twice.

For security purposes these company representatives don't use real names...they are all aliases. However they do know who used what name and when...and sometimes it takes them a while to bring up your file and attach the alias to the actual person you talked to.

They will use excuses..."that person no longer works here"..."we have no record of that person and your conversation with them"...when in fact they record ALL conversations as matter of legal record.

Insurance companies are not out to help you...they are out to screw you...and in the mean time satisfy the requirements of the companies thay have contracted with....

Once you understand this things become much easier...just remember...document and record everything.

Rat

They are going to have two providers, Cigna or BC/BS. The companies will be offered based on the strengths the different companies have in different regions. the way the letter reads, you will have one choice based on where you live.

They are going to have two providers, Cigna or BC/BS. The companies will be offered based on the strengths the different companies have in different regions. the way the letter reads, you will have one choice based on where you live.

Great! It'll be my luck that I'll be stuck with Cigna. I have a friend/co-worker that was recently diagnosed with the big, "C" and they have been making him jump through all kinds of hoops. I really don't like Cigna right now.

Great! It'll be my luck that I'll be stuck with Cigna. I have a friend/co-worker that was recently diagnosed with the big, "C" and they have been making him jump through all kinds of hoops. I really don't like Cigna right now.

Arkansaswolf :kicking:

Just wait till 2014 when ObamaCare fully kicks in if not repealed in the next 2 or 3 years and your friend may just be told that he is too old to get any fancy treatment or they may just put him in a long waiting list to get treated.
So we all better get healthy before it is too late.

:guiness:

Just wait till 2014 when ObamaCare fully kicks in if not repealed in the next 2 or 3 years and your friend may just be told that he is too old to get any fancy treatment or they may just put him in a long waiting list to get treated.
So we all better get healthy before it is too late.

:guiness:

Sadly, you are all too right about that. He would absolutely be considered too old for proper treatment under Obamacare, (all praise Obama, protect us from the evil death panels, peace be upon thee). The guy has worked his a$$ off for his entire life, and now he's going through the fight of his life, and they're giving him crap left and right. It's part of our compensation package! It's supposed to worth something!

The way I always understood our health care package was that FedEx was self insured and pays for all the costs up to a certain dollar amount and then Cigna may kick in on catastrophic claims.
Cigna is just a gate keeper to keep FedEx costs down and to get doctors and hospitals to accept a contracted amount for services provided.
The big problem is that medical costs always increase every year faster than the cost of living does.

:shift:

The way I always understood our health care package was that FedEx was self insured and pays for all the costs up to a certain dollar amount and then Cigna may kick in on catastrophic claims.
Cigna is just a gate keeper to keep FedEx costs down and to get doctors and hospitals to accept a contracted amount for services provided.
The big problem is that medical costs always increase every year faster than the cost of living does.

:shift:

True, but it seems that the gate keeper was kinder, and gentler before Cigna.

Cigna sucks!! I went to the doc to get on that stop smoking pill when they started the smoking ban in trucks, they didn't cover it!! WTF Got a bill for 400 bucks for a 5min doc visit!!

Cigna sucks!! I went to the doc to get on that stop smoking pill when they started the smoking ban in trucks, they didn't cover it!! WTF Got a bill for 400 bucks for a 5min doc visit!!

Our center management said that, Larry M. told them that they would cover that. Cigna basically said, they didn't care what he said, it's not covered. My wife and I both quit, so on balance, that's a good thing, very expensive, but good.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife worked in insurance for years and she was reading the post and laughing. Cinga and Blue Cross??? Which is better?? well as long as u play their games either company and get the services authorized if it is more than a office visit it will be covered. Her advise with either company before any major service is performed is get it pre authorized that way u and the provider have it in writting.

You got that right , Cigna people are so uncaring and untrustworthy.
We have them lie to us telling us that something is covered and then
when it comes down to it they refuse to cover it saying they did not
authorize it even if you have the person's name that you will never get
to talk to again. (conveniently)

Had it were I work smoke for a couple of years..Got rid of it quickly..Seems there were legal action taken against them after we left..Just sayin'...

they covered the prescription, just not the doc visit. Also got talked into having a mole tested, which they didn't cover either