FedEx Freight | health care change

They may have to do like McDonalds and drop our coverage so we can get on Medicaid and join the ObamaCare single payer system like Canada has.

:6837:

We were told in CA that we are going from CIGNA back to Aetna, and it's going to be more expensive for the same coverage, but how much more I don't know. And they will still off Kaiser too.

I think that we should stay with Cigna. That way, we will already be used to Obamacare, very little difference as near as I can tell.

I think that we should stay with Cigna. That way, we will already be used to Obamacare, very little difference as near as I can tell.

You got that right , Cigna people are so uncaring and untrustworthy.
We have them lie to us telling us that something is covered and then
when it comes down to it they refuse to cover it saying they did not
authorize it even if you have the person's name that you will never get
to talk to again. (conveniently)

Here is a question. Will our current health insurance be shut off Jan 30th ? For those people that may or may not be called back ?

No they will probably try to rip you off with Cobra , in that case you need to skip Cobra and look into a private insurer for less money / same coverage.

no they will probably try to rip you off with cobra , in that case you need to skip cobra and look into a private insurer for less money / same coverage.

smokestack :bowdown:

I think moonlighter should check real close before dropping existing health care plan by not using Cobra.
I thought that with the new ObamaCare if you changed health care plans you would have to sign up for the government exchange and basically get the worthless MedicAid plan.
I think it is probably very hard to get any individual health plan unless you do not have any pre-existing conditions and you are basically in very good health.

:shift:

Hey buddy..... Moonlighter isnt dropping the existing cigna coverage. I just want to know when it is officially terminated. Will it be Jan 30th? It seems like there are a lot of unanswered items that need a lot more clairification.

Hey buddy..... Moonlighter isnt dropping the existing cigna coverage. I just want to know when it is officially terminated. Will it be Jan 30th? It seems like there are a lot of unanswered items that need a lot more clairification.

I'm not sure that I completely understand your concern, but both National and Freight have the exact same coverage at this time, so nothing is changing just because of the merger.

ill say it real simple so u can understand the health insurance will be shut off Jan 30th.

Gee Mr. Smith,

I guess that I didn't get your memo. I had no idea that you were canceling our health care coverage, (which is still part of our compensation package). Thank you for giving me a heads up.:1036316054:

Why are we beating up on each other? We should be sticking together on this. I for one have a lot of QUESTIONS my management seems to no longer want to be engaged with.I understand the anxiety of all this,Moonlighter is just asking a simple question if you loose you job Jan 30 is your insurance canceled. That's the way I'm understanding it. If not clarify.I know my management has the I"M LOSING MY JOB YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN ATTITUDE.Sad for us all

Gee Mr. Smith,

I guess that I didn't get your memo. I had no idea that you were canceling our health care coverage, (which is still part of our compensation package). Thank you for giving me a heads up.:1036316054:

Take a breath.. FedEx Corp is only leveraging their workforce base to force health insurance companies to negotiate better rates. Has nothing to do with a merger, change of operations, etc.... Dependent on the state of residence of the primary member, some people might see a shift away from Cigna to Anthem, unless you reside inside California (for example).

I got a letter in the mail today about the new insurance after my other post here. It says depending on where you live, you will get Blue Cross or CIGNA. The vision and dental will remain by the same by the current providers. A new company called Express Scripts will handle the prescription drug plan.
Open enrollment begins October 18th through November 16th. We should receive our packets in the mail on or around October 14th according to the letter.

"Assigned these health plan administrators to specific states based on the strength of thier networks and negotiated network discounts in each state-this means benefits will be administered by either Anthem BlueCross or CIGNA,depending on where you live."
As far as the Moonlighter's question I haven't a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are we beating up on each other? We should be sticking together on this. I for one have a lot of QUESTIONS my management seems to no longer want to be engaged with.I understand the anxiety of all this,Moonlighter is just asking a simple question if you loose you job Jan 30 is your insurance canceled. That's the way I'm understanding it. If not clarify.I know my management has the I"M LOSING MY JOB YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN ATTITUDE.Sad for us all

Read what he/she, (I don't know which applies) posted, I mean, ACTUALLY read it. I asked what it was talking about, and it said that the health care coverage is being canceled as of 1/30/11. If it is losing it's job, that would be useful information, and if it said that in a previous post, I missed it, (I don't actually read each and every one of the posts on this forum). It then went on to insult my intelligence, so my sarcastic response system engaged. Understand this, I didn't ask it the question hoping to give it a sarcastic answer, I asked because I was trying to help, but it can go **** itself, (I mean that in the nicest possible way). Wasting my time on a dumbass, that cannot string together an intelligible sentence, isn't the most constructive use of my time that I can think of. I'm just sayin'...,

Here is a question. Will our current health insurance be shut off Jan 30th ? For those people that may or may not be called back ?

here's the original post wolf( for those people who may or may not be called back.) So that's how I read it. I'm not siding with one or the other, just seemed you came down on him a little hard that's all.You yourself said you don't read every post then maybe you shouldn't be so quick for criticism.

Last edited by a moderator: