R&L | Health Insurance?

USFtrucker1

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm looking on making the swap to R+L in SC!!
Im just looking for any info on your guys health insurance. How is it? How much for family a week? What it all covers? ANY info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

I'm looking on making the swap to R+L in SC!!
Im just looking for any info on your guys health insurance. How is it? How much for family a week? What it all covers? ANY info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
Figure $100 a week payroll deducted. Plus co-pays and whatever insurance doesn't pick up. Health is decent, vision and dental not the best. Its actually cheaper to use a legit eye doctor for check ups then take your prescription to Walmart and pay cash for glasses or contacts.

Figure $100 a week payroll deducted. Plus co-pays and whatever insurance doesn't pick up. Health is decent, vision and dental not the best. Its actually cheaper to use a legit eye doctor for check ups then take your prescription to Walmart and pay cash for glasses or contacts.
What is the out of pocket, and deductible per year?

Family Plan Per Week
Medical $70
Dental $6
Vision $2

Deductable $1000 , Person
$3000 , Family

Max out of Pocket $5000 , Person
$10000 , Family

80/20 after deductible till you reach Max. out of Pocket

These figures haven’t changed in several years.
There is also
Short term disability
Long term disability
Catastrophic illness
And Life insurance
available.

Family Plan Per Week
Medical $70
Dental $6
Vision $2

Deductable $1000 , Person
$3000 , Family

Max out of Pocket $5000 , Person
$10000 , Family

80/20 after deductible till you reach Max. out of Pocket

These figures haven’t changed in several years.
There is also
Short term disability
Long term disability
Catastrophic illness
And Life insurance
available.
Thx

Thank you guys!!
And city.
Hope it works out for you. R&L is a good company. Remember though, there are 3 ways to do things; the RIGHT way, the WRONG way, and the R&L way! The are a great company for a guy that just wants to come in and do his job and go home. There are favorites, of course, but if you get the freight off and on the truck every day you will be left alone and not micromanaged to death. We have lifetime bids. The only way you get moved off your bid is if you really screw up. I've only seen them move 1 guy off his bid and frankly he needed to be moved. Just my 2 cents . Any other questions feel free to ask.

I love running around so I don't feel like I'll have a problem fitting in... AFTER I learn the area lolll. I'll be moving from NY. I'm just trying to weigh my options. I've heard bad things about our Holland terminal in Columbia... But you know how that is with drivers lol.
Basically just trying to find the best match for me. I wanna find somewhere to retire from. Trying to see what pay and benefits are offered. What's the pay like down there?
Hope it works out for you. R&L is a good company. Remember though, there are 3 ways to do things; the RIGHT way, the WRONG way, and the R&L way! The are a great company for a guy that just wants to come in and do his job and go home. There are favorites, of course, but if you get the freight off and on the truck every day you will be left alone and not micromanaged to death. We have lifetime bids. The only way you get moved off your bid is if you really screw up. I've only seen them move 1 guy off his bid and frankly he needed to be moved. Just my 2 cents . Any other questions feel free to ask.

I love running around so I don't feel like I'll have a problem fitting in... AFTER I learn the area lolll. I'll be moving from NY. I'm just trying to weigh my options. I've heard bad things about our Holland terminal in Columbia... But you know how that is with drivers lol.
Basically just trying to find the best match for me. I wanna find somewhere to retire from. Trying to see what pay and benefits are offered. What's the pay like down there?
We're at 29.02 an hour in the Great Lakes region, I don't think the Carolinas are much different but can't guarantee that. No overtime. Most city guys do 55 - 60 hours where I'm at.

We're at 29.02 an hour in the Great Lakes region, I don't think the Carolinas are much different but can't guarantee that. No overtime. Most city guys do 55 - 60 hours where I'm at.
I heard it's lower cuz cost of living but not really sure. I plan on transferring but who knows from there lol

I often hear you say this. So tell me exactly what you mean by that statement. Are you saying R+L is somewhere between right and wrong?
BINGO!

They are unique in the way they do things, but successful despite their insistence on stepping over dollars to pick up dimes. I've worked for large corporations and small firms. This place is a blend of both. Never seen anything like it. Sometimes it seems like the Three Stooges are running the joint but we're growing like crazy. We had company meeting this week , the list of service centers being added is amazing. The additions to current facilities is impressive . They are adding forty doors to Grayling Michigan. That's unbelievable. You'd have to be familiar with the geography and economics of Michigan to get the significance of that, but it's impressive. We've grown 24% over the last three years.

Last edited:
I believe that the top rate in SC Is around 27 and change last I knew. Top pay is region dependent on cost of living. Here in the Northeast, our top rate right now is 30.25 per hour. No time and a half for OT except somewhere on the left coast. I forget which state.

I believe that the top rate in SC Is around 27 and change last I knew. Top pay is region dependent on cost of living. Here in the Northeast, our top rate right now is 30.25 per hour. No time and a half for OT except somewhere on the left coast. I forget which state.
I would say the state with the Hat, as it’s state symbol.

Good choice on the city. Have as many minor fender benders you want and don't upset any customers you'll be golden. Linehaul on the other hand is treated like a redheaded step child.
have as many fender-benders as you want is definitely not true. We've had a few guys who hit a limit and lost their jobs. Also, sure, you can have fender benders but with that come a loss of your safety bonus. By the way, if you drove into customers lots and deal with the morons on the road all day during the city shift, making it through your shift every day without hitting anyone is a miracle some days.