R&L | Health Insurance?

have as many fender-benders as you want is definitely not true. We've had a few guys who hit a limit and lost their jobs. Also, sure, you can have fender benders but with that come a loss of your safety bonus. By the way, if you drove into customers lots and deal with the morons on the road all day during the city shift, making it through your shift every day without hitting anyone is a miracle some days.
What's your guys safety bonus?

Family Plan Per Week
Medical $70
Dental $6
Vision $2

Deductible $1000 , Person
$3000 , Family

Max out of Pocket $5000 , Person
$10000 , Family

80/20 after deductible till you reach Max. out of Pocket

These figures haven’t changed in several years.
There is also
Short term disability
Long term disability
Catastrophic illness
And Life insurance
available.
Boy was I lucky. ABF Freight

Central States C-6 Plan-Family

Medical 0.0 per month single 1,000 deductible family 2,000

Dental 0.0 per month 0.0 deduct 1500 per year

Eye 0.0 per month exam & glasses every year-free

Short term & Long disability 0.0 cost 6 month max benefit time.

I did have to pay Union Dues of 62.00 per month. I would have paid double that to keep that kind of insurance. Von.

Is United Healthcare pretty much accepted by most doctors and hospitals? How does it compare with Blue Cross/ Blue Shield?
United has a good track record in Indiana. Anthem not so much. They deny a lot of claims, especially ER visits stating your visit was not ER rated, leaving you with a $7,000 bill to pay. I am retired now. Last year I switched from Anthem to United Health Care. Best move I ever made. von.

Boy was I lucky. ABF Freight

Central States C-6 Plan-Family

Medical 0.0 per month single 1,000 deductible family 2,000

Dental 0.0 per month 0.0 deduct 1500 per year

Eye 0.0 per month exam & glasses every year-free

Short term & Long disability 0.0 cost 6 month max benefit time.

I did have to pay Union Dues of 62.00 per month. I would have paid double that to keep that kind of insurance. Von.
Not for nothing Von but what does your comment add to this conversation?

Not for nothing Von but what does your comment add to this conversation?
I am not sure. I guess I am pointing out the benefit of working under a good CBA. Not trying to rub anybodys nose in it, just saying. Like I have posted many times on TB. I am very lucky I hooked up with ABF and made 18 years with it. A Union (regardless of the name of it) that can provide its members with good pay & benefits thru a CBA is a rare thing now days. And as I said, I got lucky. And I know my Teamster pension will be cut. And it will hurt. But, until then, I will stay on board & ride that rail to the end. von.