Hello all

zaptear

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello I'm a local p&d driver be driving for 12 years. Mostly local and bulk milk regional some contact stuff may be coming up at work and my job cud end.
I have experience with pneumatic, smooth bore tankers, 48' lift gate work and 53' dry vain

About 3 years ago JB Hunt passed on me because of no OTR experience.

So a lot I see won't OTR experience if I had to get a job In OTR do you think I cud find. A job with 12 years class A driving just no real OTR.

don't feel too bad that JB Hunt passed you by. i had 23 years at the time, but no "recent" OTR and they turned me down as well...

screw'em......if they want to play that game...screw'em...

as for you and in Vermont, if you want local or line haul, check out the various LTL companies up there. depending on your exact living area, and the locations of those LTL companies, you may have to drive a bit to get to them.

good luck

If it comes down to that I guess my union hall. Can help
I'm a Teamster driver

you're a teamster, and wanna go OTR..??

do you think that there are teamster OTR companies out there..??

you wanna give up a teamster pension, benefits, vacations, holidays and work for next to nothing as an OTR driver..???

tell me where you work now, i'll tell my doctor to release me from workman's comp, and i'll work at your company.....even if i have to drive 5 hours one way to get there.....and 5 hours to get home......

Lol no I won't to keep my.job just getting nervous over the contract stuff. And if my job ended I'm a sole provider to a family of 6 and would need to get to work fast just thought that was a quick way to get back to work

Right now I work Monday Wednesday Thursday Friday 4 am to 4pm Tuesday Saturday Sunday off and make 55,000 a year. I will probably be fine. I'm hoping all go's well.

Lol no I won't to keep my.job just getting nervous over the contract stuff. And if my job ended I'm a sole provider to a family of 6 and would need to get to work fast just thought that was a quick way to get back to work

no, you won't start getting those replacement checks fast.

you would have to go to orientation, which can at some places be at least a week, for a mere, what $300, then you still might have to go out with a trainer for some time, maybe at least another week, at what, about $400 a week, then you get to go solo, and if you are lucky, and get a whopping 35¢ a mile and you drove what.....1,500 miles, you get all of maybe $525 for that week, please tell me how that works out for you...

cuz not every week, are you gonna be making THAT much money......

then comes "home time".....

up there in mooseland..????

expect to stay out about 1 month at a time....if not enough freight goes INTO your area, you ain't getting home any faster than you think....

wait till your contract comes in, go from there, then if you ain't happy, go to your union hall, in fact, go there right now, right this minute, and put your name in with another union shop......

No its.not union contract it's a customer contract big one that would put the whole Depot out of work let's hope all go's well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

No its.not union contract it's a customer contract big one that would put the whole Depot out of work let's hope all go's well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

well that happens. the customer gets a lower bid and ends the current one.

i have had that happen to me, and the new company just hired us on to continue the now new contract.