Help finding someone to help me with a ticket

jturk002

TB Lurker
Credits
I need help! I got a speeding ticket 10 over in Oklahoma City. I've heard of companies out there that will help you with your ticket by assigning you an attorney. Have any of you tried any of those? Can you recommend any?
I think it's best if I can get an attorney there in OKC because they have a working relationship with the prosecutor.

I need help! I got a speeding ticket 10 over in Oklahoma City. I've heard of companies out there that will help you with your ticket by assigning you an attorney. Have any of you tried any of those? Can you recommend any?
I think it's best if I can get an attorney there in OKC because they have a working relationship with the prosecutor.
i never got any speeding ticket(s), in any state., so no for me need to seek an attorney.

that being said, as you found us here by most likely doing a google search, you can do the same for traffic attorney's anywhere in the USA.

good luck, and slow down.

I got one for 25 over on my bike , the Trooper called me by my first name , said shame on a professional cdl holder , lowered it to 14 over , had to just pay a lawyer $500 , never went to court , got failure to obey a sign and no points .

I got one for 25 over on my bike , the Trooper called me by my first name , said shame on a professional cdl holder , lowered it to 14 over , had to just pay a lawyer $500 , never went to court , got failure to obey a sign and no points .
That Trooper and Lawyer must have known the “POWER” you wield here on Trucking Boards. They both knew it would most likely end their careers if they did not comply.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Either Google an attorney or it's easy to defend yourself. Simply show up to court if the officer isn't there ask the case be dismissed you have a right to face your accuser. If the officer is there ask for a jury trial you have a right to trial by a jury of your peers. The judge will set a trail date, with in a few weeks the DA's office will contact you and drop the case. A jury trail cost the state money and time that they don't want to waste a a speeding ticket

Either Google an attorney or it's easy to defend yourself. Simply show up to court if the officer isn't there ask the case be dismissed you have a right to face your accuser. If the officer is there ask for a jury trial you have a right to trial by a jury of your peers. The judge will set a trail date, with in a few weeks the DA's office will contact you and drop the case. A jury trail cost the state money and time that they don't want to waste a a speeding ticket

This definitely varies by state. In my state, traffic offenses are civil infractions. You do not have the right to face your accuser, nor the right to a jury trial, since it is not a criminal offense.

In 6 years as a cop, I was subpoenaed to exactly zero traffic offense hearings, despite being told by countless ticket receivers that they would "see me in court." They showed up, only to have the judge order them to pay the fine.

I only ever wrote a CDL holder one time, and he was in his personal car. Stopped him for over 25 over. Wrote him for 10 over. Only stopped one semi, and he got a verbal warning.

Check if your state has a deferral program. You pay a fee, and they dismiss your ticket as long as you don't get another one within a certain time frame. If you do get another one, then you get the original one, also.

They should have pulled your CDL for pedaling a bike any such speed as that. :732: