Here is a cool pic

They can't get drivers for years.
Finally they started an Academy at Yellow and they're getting some.
Getting rid of power steering would end that.
I think things started going downhill when they started to install power steering in tractors, when they eliminated the low air pressure wig-wag signal above the driver's side windshield, and took away the front axle limiter valve. Heck, now anybody could drive! :lmao:

I would loved to have PS in my days, but in my 35 years, it didn't happen.
I get that....but what was up with wearing a sailer suit? No company uniforms back then?
black and white vintage GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures

I think things started going downhill when they started to install power steering in tractors, when they eliminated the low air pressure wig-wag signal above the driver's side windshield, and took away the front axle limiter valve. Heck, now anybody could drive! :lmao:
I recall when they removed the brakes off the steering axle.
About a year later the law required them again, Ryder spent a small fortune replacing them before they could be traded.

You should ask for a show of hands to see who amongst us knows exactly what you're talking about Tri. Those Low Air Warning drop downs, wow, they went away even when I was young. How about the air windshield wipers, yikes!

You should ask for a show of hands to see who amongst us knows exactly what you're talking about Tri. Those Low Air Warning drop downs, wow, they went away even when I was young. How about the air windshield wipers, yikes!
Ive had the wipers which were terrible but haven't seen the drop down warning.

Most of my right pants legs had oil spots from WSW on A 50 Mack leaking.
Don't forget to see if your smudge pot
flares were filled with kerosene, and drain your air tanks.

One of my first jobs was hauling cement tanks.
One guy asked an old timer how they unloaded them before the PTO.
He said they turned a screw and cranked it out.
He did have the Popeye forearms.
When Ryder bought Miller Motor Lines ( a tanker outfit) they had B&S engines on the rear of the tankers to pump off chemicals.
They worked on them more than the trucks.