Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

Everyone should vote not! YRC doesn't need you and you don't need YRC. Get the hell out and let them go wheels up!

Great first post. If you don't mind me asking, where is it that you pull a pay check from? Is it YRCF, New Penn, Holland, Reddaway? Just curious.

Were having a general membership meeting tonight, and questions will be asked. I'll get some clarification on the HW issue.

thanks for info , but what is use of purchased transportation ??? and what about more dock part timers ?

Purchase transportation, as I understand it, is the use of outside carriers to move the freight your company is being paid to move. These are mostly OTR companies (i.e. USA Truck, JB Hunt, Schneider) who are used to move trailers full of freight from one terminal to the next. Contracts are generally signed with these companies because the traffic is predictable and most of these companies pay their drivers relatively low wages.

You are correct.

Informed sources have told me that the company have made proposals they want voted on by employeess, in the next few days will be widly known...

1 Pay Freeeze for all non cdl employees
2 get rid of ot after 8 ot only after 40
3 contribution rate to H&W will be dropped to .25 cents per hour
4 increase use of purchased transportation

These are issues you need to contact your local on and just wanted to let everyone know what could possibly be out there on the horizon

(This was posted for KK by Jeff)

Why don't they add # 5 vote the union out...

Just talked to union steward in Marietta, Ga. He thinks the union will cut our hw down to say 80% that they would pay on your medical bills, instead of the usual
say 85%. Can't wait to get the real details on all this.:shrug:

Just talked to union steward in Marietta, Ga. He thinks the union will cut our hw down to say 80% that they would pay on your medical bills, instead of the usual
say 85%. Can't wait to get the real details on all this.:shrug:

The Freight H&W Plan (C-6) through Central States H&W summary is below....

https://myteamcare.org/media/32497/pl_hw_pbp_c6.pdf

This costs YRCW $307.70 a week in the Central States. Will only 25 cents a year increase keep up with inflation and the cost of maintaining
the C6 plan in freight? A lot of questions for your Local Officers and the IBT Freight Division!

im a ex dock worker . can some1 explain please ."increase use of purchased transportation ". outside venders ?

That means they can use cartage company's, truckload company's or any company that can haul your freight when the opportunity exists." Exhausted board or absenteeism." Or misuse of power!!!

KK, If they put this out for a vote at all. My feelings are "SHAME ON ME FOR VOTING YES BEFORE, BUT SHAME ON YRC FOR TRYING AGAIN"! I refuse to get company harassment for anything less. Bigger terminals probable don't receive the harassment that smaller satellites do. But I treat these co@$ suckers the way they treat my local brothers and I.

the people who got this company in trouble in the first place sit in the glass house and collect their big checks and bonuses but want us to pay for this crap, i am voting no no no

Those people are already down the road counting there winnings. It's a shame!!

And that's fine, but I will make there life a YRC miserable before it's done. I've already told 2 management personal, "I hope your unemployment will pay for your new truck that you just bought"!

If any part of this is factual, it will never fly anyhow. Just don't go and BUY BIG TICKET ITEMS THAT YOU CANT PAY FOR WITH CASH.

Were having a general membership meeting tonight, and questions will be asked. I'll get some clarification on the HW issue.

This is what I learned at our GM metting tonight out of Local 952. The HW proposal is this, the company wants to reduce the hourly contribution to .25 cents per hour per employee per year, which will not cover the total amount needed to cover our HW cost, especially while the cost increases every year as does everything. Everything else KK posted about the rest of the companies proposal is ringing true. There is still a lot to learn about the companies proposal and more detailed information will be available very soon.

Thanks to KK and Jeff @ TB for staying on top of things for us at YRC. The information you provide is greatly appreciated.