Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

Take the time to read their report to the security exchange. Top brass walks out scott free, just like Hostess. You know, the company that also had Mr. Harry Wilson as their restructuring expert and who now has a nice, tidy sum of 5 million dollars to do the same thing for YRC. They are all guaranteed their lovely wages (plus bonuses) after the workers give back some more AGAIN and the company restructures anyway.

I agree 100% with this post! THESE LOANS WILL BE RESTRUCTURED WITH OR WITHOUT OUR VOTE!!!
The lenders are not going to walk away from 1.4 BILLION. Also YRC was making money before this last change of operations. they don't need anything other than 5 years more, if they really need that!
YRC is worth more alive than dead. Other trucking company's in the past had value selling off assets. YRC doesn't have anything worth selling off!

I am willing to listen to them when they start making reasonable request, But I for one will not give up one more thing. we have given too much already!

I was at Preston when we gave back 9%. Before yellow bought them they were still in debt. I think these companies just keep the money in "special accounts" and never go to fixing the problem. Believe me YRC is worth more broken up and sold piece by piece than as a whole. The terminals they still own are of great value if they go out of business because othe freight companies will need more space
Name me a company that took back money from employees and eventionally went back to rate and survived.
DEAD HORSE, PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY.
I resigned a couple years ago so I don't have a horse in the race buy I would vote NO

Last edited by a moderator:
don't know what your whining about. 1 the pay freeze isn't for truck drivers its for NON cdl employees. 2 overtime after 40, big deal, some ltl companies pay strait time no matter how many hours you work and certainly not after 40 hours. 3 everybody's health insurance premiums are going up, your not alone. 4 well, #4 just makes sense to me. just my view, maybe I'm not seeing the big picture.

don't know what your whining about. 1 the pay freeze isn't for truck drivers its for NON cdl employees. 2 overtime after 40, big deal, some ltl companies pay strait time no matter how many hours you work and certainly not after 40 hours. 3 everybody's health insurance premiums are going up, your not alone. 4 well, #4 just makes sense to me. just my view, maybe I'm not seeing the big picture.

How long have you been a teamster? True non union carriers do what you say but they pay MORE than most union shops per mile or hour and they have there own 401 k plans yo keep the teamsters out but TEAMSTERS are just taking it up the pooper sigh this deal from YRC

I was at Preston when we gave back 9%. Before yellow bought them they were still in debt. I think these companies just keep the money in "special accounts" and never go to fixing the problem. Believe me YRC is worth more broken up and sold piece by piece than as a whole. The terminals they still own are of great value if they go out of business because othe freight companies will need more space
Name me a company that took back money from employees and eventionally went back to rate and survived.
DEAD HORSE, PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY.
I resigned a couple years ago so I don't have a horse in the race buy I would vote NO

First of all YRC doesn't own anything near 1.4 BILLION in assets real estate equipment nothing anywhere near that amount, that is why I believe these banks won't shut YRC down. They do know that YRC can make payments and operate for a long time if they restructure the loans. To answer the second part of your question I believe ABF got 20% back from their employees for 3 yrs. after they bought Carolina freight back in the 90's sorry I don't know the exact year. I'm sure I will be corrected on this if I'm wrong.

I agree with fr8man ..I doubt there assets are even worth half of that 1.4 billion not to mention according to business week and forbes mr welch owns over 3 million in restricted stock assets that will be worthless if we go under .. Of course I'm sure he still gets a huge ballon severance if that happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally contradicts Tyson Johnsons coments on the 19th when he stayed the company hadn't made any demands for wage or benefit concessions. Guess we`ll see.

Informed sources have told me that the company have made proposals they want voted on by employeess, in the next few days will be widly known...

1 Pay Freeeze for all non cdl employees
2 get rid of ot after 8 ot only after 40
3 contribution rate to H&W will be dropped to .25 cents per hour
4 increase use of purchased transportation

These are issues you need to contact your local on and just wanted to let everyone know what could possibly be out there on the horizon

(This was posted for KK by Jeff)

If I get this right they are only looking to contribute $10 a week to health and welfare. Is that right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I don't believe this .... If it turns out false somebody's credibly is crap. If it turns out true then we will have the chance to vote yeah or nay ....

I am not privy to the details of the $.25 contribution rate, but what I am guessing is:

In the 2008 contract, $1/year was to be split between H&W with the remainder going to pension contributions.

With the MOU, H&W was not compromised. (In Western States, we have not seen any increase in copay) But pension contributions were suspended until 6/11 then 25%. (NO increase to pensions since, even @ 25%)

Rather than continue the ANNUAL $1 increase that has not been addressed since passage in 2008, the company wants to reduce that to $.25 annually with members making up the difference in cost.

Like I said, I am not a fly on the wall, nor do I have a source. This is just my take on that info.

Regardless, it sucks!

This would mean we pay $30 (75c of a Dollar per hour) a week for H&W, that my friends is a monetary giveback of about 3.5% of our current hourly wage.

falling-off-a-cliff.png

Why don't they add # 5 vote the union out...
Ya that's a good idea. Let's decertify. Then we can work for minimum wage. Have no vacations. No work rules and no seniority. You Overnite guys are funny. The ink on your first contract is barely dry and yet you want us to decertify with the Union. Lol. The NMFA has been around since the 50's and many men and women have fought very hard to obtain the things we have and I for one will not spit in those peoples face the way you imply.

Gentlemen, I am a retired driver . I drove for R&L Carriers, team with my wife, for 10 years. For 8 of those years it was the best job we ever had, Then we were blessed by one of your former leaders, and the company went to hell. Of course we were not union,(big Mistake), and they started just running over the drivers. There was never ANY Ot at R&L. You need to look very carefully at the line "Purchased Power". Basically this lets the company use all the outside carriers they want to. At R&L, this has been a huge issue, They first cut the throats of their teams, taking all the good long runs away to outside carriers. Then they started their own pet o/o company, Paramount. Technically an outside carrier, they started switching line haul runs to this company, forcing the drivers out of their run, back to city or combo work. The R&L terminal at Atlanta sometimes has more outside carriers than company trucks waiting for loads.There are drivers with 10-20 years senority losing their linehaul runs. Like I said guys, this will be a disaster if the union lets them get away with it. At least you do have a vote. Thanks for listening, and be safe out there.

im a ex dock worker . can some1 explain please ."increase use of purchased transportation ". outside venders ?

At this time "purchased transportation" is trailers that are railed. To my knowledge we don't use lease operations. This time of year you all see lots of TL companies pulling UPS trailers. Those are "overflow". UPS's contract does NOT limit "purchased" transportation. And unlike our agreement there is NOT a formula to force UPS to hire more drivers OR provide more equipment.