Yellow | HERE IS YRCW’s Plan B

phfactor

semper fi
Credits
Here is YRCW’s Plan B
January 21, 2014. 3:00 p.m. The Hoffa-Hall administration has revealed the tentative agreement with YRCW to extend the contract. The full tentative agreement is available here. We encourage members to review it and share it with co-workers.

A Summary of the Tentative Agreement is available here.

It is considerably changed from YRCW’s “wish list” which was overwhelmingly rejected by members. Reduced vacation pay has been modified, and delaying three-weeks of vacation until 11 years of seniority is out. The two-tiered wage increase is out (Non-CDL dock and office workers were denied any wage increases in the first proposal) and non-CDL new-hires will have a progression. The proposal to use Utility Employees is out.

The lump-sum bonus the first two years of the five-year extension is still in; but those on seasonal layoff will get the bonus. The use of purchased transportation has added protection for road work, but is still in.

The proposed contract extension will be voted by secret ballot this weekend – January 25-26 – at union meetings. We encourage all YRCW Teamsters to be there and cast a vote. The votes in each local will be counted immediately following the meeting. You can review the rules for the vote and counting ballots here.

We will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.

- See more at: Here is YRCW

Last edited by a moderator:
I know....I know...there is no plan C...if we don't vote this in were really closing down this time! Oh darn...I better vote yes!

THIS IS TOTALLY PATHETIC:9529:! No guarantees here even if we vote YES? We are the pawns in this chess game they have to get through us to get to the Kings and Queens Bishops, the real stake holders in this company! Why would anyone vote to outsource their own work to whoever? NO NO NO NO NO !!!!

boss let me know if im wrong but what i have read the outsourcing is only 2% more than what is already in effect now .

What do they mean considerably changed! Nothing is changed! The 15% give-back and pension were not even negotiated on! I don't think SO! This was all planned out when plan A was put together! They new they would need some bargaining power so added all those extra "wish list" crap stuff and new with plan B they'd throw them out to make it look like they were giving up something! I'm not surprised, but sure makes my decision on how I'll vote very easy!!

THIS IS TOTALLY PATHETIC:9529:! No guarantees here even if we vote YES? We are the pawns in this chess game they have to get through us to get to the Kings and Queens Bishops, the real stake holders in this company! Why would anyone vote to outsource their own work to whoever? NO NO NO NO NO !!!!

I hear some terminals give away work because they don't want to do residential or lift gate deliveries what's the difference?