ABF | Here's the ABF give back info guys. (Detailed info) 15% and much more...

:chairshot: Well did any of you call that number several weeks back? The first thing Johnson said was ABF is not YRC and not in the same problems as YRC. So why are they asking for a 15% as yrc? :nono: There is somthing wrong here. What are your thoughts.

didnt yrc also lose pension payments into their funds, and also a freeze on retirements? they may have lost more than that, but we need a yellow driver to tell us for sure what they lost.

People have said that voting for this will not return laid-off drivers to their jobs. Now that I've read the language it most certainly WILL NOT bring drivers back because the Teamsters have put a punishment clause in there if they do. If ABF increases the full time active work force by 20% or more from the level of full time active working when the agreement is ratified, then the wages will snap back. This will give ABF every reason to keep as many sitting on the bench as possible, as they are doing now.

YRC guy here. We did get a 18 month freeze on pension on top of the 15% wage cut. Another difference I see between our plans is we got stock options......which at the moment ain't worth much. I did not see that in your plan. :popcorn:

This #### better not pass :hissy:
If this passes, I question the vote counting. :nono:
Why would anyone want to give away current money compared to future money.
If you know anything about money its a no brainer :chairshot:
Please comment if you differ and explain why it is wiser to sacrifice current pay instead of future money (pension). :duel:

[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=79370.msg822984#msg822984 date=1271713083]
They are paying the pension and health. It'll pass! Especially in Dallas.
[/quote]

I don't know how many people that you were talking to but I haven't run across anybody that would vote for it yet in Dallas. Everyone at the local meetings that they had were opposed too!

Im a yrc driver.sorry yall are going through this.no pension payments til jan 2011.15%pay reduction.after voting for all this of which I voted no both times.yrc continued to layoff tons of drivers and dock workers.all of you need to vote.dont let anyone leave their ballots in the garbage.id prolly make copies of how you voted also.I didn't think abf was all that bad of shape.all carriers lost money last year.I think this is a copy cat proposal.good luck and God Bless

ABF isn't in as bad as shape as they want people to believe. They had a year to make the books lose money and we all have seen the stupid things that they have done to get that accomplished. Plus, Tyson is making it look like that most of us are for this and that's just not the case. That's why most of us are ticked off! Here you go boys and girls, I'll get that pay cut that you want.

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=79370.msg822998#msg822998 date=1271718984]
[/quote]

I don't know how many people that you were talking to but I haven't run across anybody that would vote for it yet in Dallas. Everyone at the local meetings that they had were opposed too!
[/quote]

I'm gonna predict 2 to 1 yes votes. Of course 50% of the elgible voters wont even vote. I bet they'll say they voted no in person though. Most people don't want to be job hunting and they're gullible to scare tactics. The reality is you might well get as much money as you can for as long as you can because once that money and job are gone they are gone. You can't predict the future.

Take a look at teamster.org. They say all the locals OVERWHELMINGLY agreed to an economic relief plan. Are you kidding me? You are a fool if you think ABF really needs this. Sure, it would help them out. Just like a 15% INCREASE would help you and me out. In the last 10 years, how much money did ABF profit? I didnt hear anyone in Fort Smith saying we should open the books because these guys are doing a great job. Then, this is supposed to last 3 years? No way! ABF is going to make money in 2010 without wage decreases. 20% have to get hired on from date of ratification to "snap back" Ya, right! ABF could have freight falling out of the trailers and they will only hire 10-15%, I am willing to bet my remaining 85% that will never happen. To all of you guys that think ABF will close your doors if you vote it down, grow a set. ABF is not going anywhere, regardless of what your terminal manager/ supervisors threaten you with. Look at the stock prices. Look at U-Pack. Look at EVERYTHING, not just what that manager you want to impress says. Supervisors took a pay cut because they have no voice. They chose that job. I chose a union position because I want to be heard when things get shakey. Which is now. And my voice says NO WAGE DECREASE OF ANY KIND!! Not 15%, not 10%, not 5%. ABF doesnt need my money. I need my money.

Equal sacrifice.......talk about gray area nowhere do I see anything about not paying out bonuses either , oops tyson must have over looked that one!!!!

[quote author=Benny Hill link=topic=79370.msg822952#msg822952 date=1271703020]
The plan calls for a reduction in gross wages
and mileage rates of 15 percent effective the
first payroll period after ratification through
the term of the NMFA—March 31, 2013

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/41910ABFContractSummaryfinal.pdf
[/quote]

I vote no. It just seems to me that ABF hasn't shown the urgency of a bad situation.

Hey Mr Benny Hill!!!! Where you been my friend?

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=79370.msg822998#msg822998 date=1271718984]
[/quote]

Everybody in our barn said they weren't going to vote for it but when the results come out either your "brothers" or union are lying.

[/quote]

Good luck Guys. We ALL know ABF created any problems they are showing right now, so they could ask for, and get this package.
We all knew this was coming.
(Sorry , I am retired from YRC)
So will it pass?
YES!
Just like it did at YRC.
That is why I got out.
The YRC give back was the beginning of the end for good paying jobs in Freight.
Today's Teamsters don't have the balls to stand up and fight for their own good. :chairshot:

Its a real shame,and it doesn't stop with companies like YRC and ABF,R+L and Duie Pyle are pulling this crap too.It seems a smaller profit is considered a loss.Meanwhile a loss for the employees is just that,a loss. I'm not long for the freight business either.11 yrs of P&D is enough.The only trick is to find something else.Good luck to all you brother truckers,we are all gonna need it.

I predict that we will never acheive an O.R. under 98.5. They created the loss, they can adjust their profits to keep the O. R. where ever they want it so there is no snap back. It's a sham.

The President of Teamsters Local 600 in St. Louis was the only one at the meeting in Chicago to take the mike when they questioned and tried to intimidate who voted no in the voice vote. When he took the mike he told them that his members told him they were not in agreement to giving anything back at this time and his position was that he would take the proposal back to his members, explain it to them, and recommend that they exercise their right to vote BUT he would not RECOMMEND it or try to SELL this proposal. A breath of fresh air on the floor! :clap:

You guys can talk all you want about voting no, just like I did with YRC, but the majority will let the IBT - that's right, THE IBT (who don't give a rat's %&* about you) - talk them into voting yes. The company doesn't need to convince them, the self interest driven IBT is doing it for them.