ABF | Here's the ABF give back info guys. (Detailed info) 15% and much more...

I'm a YRC road driver living with cuts that I voted NO...IT's my hope you fill your local union halls and demand the Union Officers who accepted this proposal also take cuts...Now what is tough for me is after all cuts go into effect then you go to use your Health & Welfare benefits find out they got ya again...Co-pays double,doctor vists,reduced chiropractor limit, perscriptions co-pay double, reduced life insurance to 10,000 benefit,on & on...You have a voice make it heard ! Always should vote a concessionary proposal down first vote...see what they come back with...I hope ya do a better job handling the proposal than we Teamsters at YRC did...In Solidarity ! I see ya on road coffee is on me...

[quote author=TrueTeam link=topic=79370.msg823211#msg823211 date=1271781698]
The President of Teamsters Local 600 in St. Louis was the only one at the meeting in Chicago to take the mike when they questioned and tried to intimidate who voted no in the voice vote. When he took the mike he told them that his members told him they were not in agreement to giving anything back at this time and his position was that he would take the proposal back to his members, explain it to them, and recommend that they exercise their right to vote BUT he would not RECOMMEND it or try to SELL this proposal. A breath of fresh air on the floor! :clap:
[/quote]

My hat goes off to the president of Local 600.I wish that more local officials would have the guts to stand up for their members wishes. His local wasn't the only one that the members were dead set against it. Great job Local 600 President!!! I would be proud to be a member of Local 600!

Just like at yrc.company president said he wasn't going to merge yellow and roadway.well we all know what happened with that....liars

Nearly all bonuses paid out to GO employees are based on the OR... so I guess if the snapback is going to be based on anything, OR is what you want it based on as everyone in GO works towards a lower OR.

What possible benefit could the GO gain by keeping the OR artificially high? It's the most important metric when determining their own extra-compensation (removing the previously stated freeze on raises/bonuses). There's a defined payout level for bonuses based on OR and trust me... 98.5 is NOT inside of a paying range!

Dont show up for any concession meeting at hall.just vote.dont leave any ballots on the floor or in garbage.dont put feces or mark up ballot.send it back with a yes or no.all of ya have to vote.even the brothers or sisters on layoff

does the 15% affect even the guys in wage progression?

if they are at 80% of scale currently do they go down to 65% scale if it passes
i know for a fact that past wage concessions only impacted those at full scale not those in progression or casuals

does yrc progression workers also give back?

[quote author=Benny Hill link=topic=79370.msg822952#msg822952 date=1271703020]
The plan calls for a reduction in gross wages
and mileage rates of 15 percent effective the
first payroll period after ratification through
the term of the NMFA—March 31, 2013

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/41910ABFContractSummaryfinal.pdf
[/quote]

New link: http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/41910ABFMOU.pdf

Yes Big Steve it does. Read Section 9, part B.

"Maximum Wage Reduction from New Hire Rate Time of Service After Reduction in Section 2"

It's the same for YRC and companies if it's a true new hire from another company outside YRC.

talk about taking backward steps

it's like giving back whatever gains the last 5 contracts got us
that is if you want to call those gains
we just regressed 20 friggin years :hyper:

best contract ever! yeah right, certainly not for us but definitely for the companies :rant:
hoffa should wake up and smell the roses :buttkisser:
he and the boys should take a pay cut if they are so quick to accommodate the companies why not get in the trenches with us

maybe we should tear up the NMFA and start over
oh my! come to think of it, that is exactly what they did :chairshot:

[quote author=big steve link=topic=79370.msg823313#msg823313 date=1271811669]
talk about taking backward steps

it's like giving back whatever gains the last 5 contracts got us
that is if you want to call those gains
we just regressed 20 friggin years :hyper:

best contract ever! yeah right, certainly not for us but definitely for the companies :rant:
hoffa should wake up and smell the roses :buttkisser:
he and the boys should take a pay cut if they are so quick to accommodate the companies why not get in the trenches with us

maybe we should tear up the NMFA and start over
oh my! come to think of it, that is exactly what they did :chairshot:
[/quote] AMEN BROTHER !! WELL SAID......HOWEVER REMEMBER WE HAVE THE POWER IN EACH & EVERYONE OF OUR VOTES. THIS CAN'T BE DONE UNLESS WE ALLOW IT. VOTE NO !! & KEEP WORKING TO SPREAD THE WORD!!!

What I want to know is, why is the union letting YRC (TNFINC is YRC majority) negotiate cutbacks with ABF? or Were there ONLY ABF employees representing The TNFINC in these negotiations?.....

I know 15% seems like alot, but remember the Health and welfare/ retirement is left alone. I have pinched pennies since this all started and will continue to do so. We are not going backwards but saving a great job!! One last note next year we can change the Union leadership and take a new direction....Just my humble thoughts...Good luck to all

You guys better read this agreement, Johnson is saying that everyone will tack a 15% cut from ceo on down. But the truth is for management there using the fact that they didn't get a raise in the last 2 years, plus no raise this year and 2% for their health and welfare that is their 15% cut!! To me they are losing nothing that they haven't already have lost. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=Yzguy link=topic=79370.msg823451#msg823451 date=1271858304]
I know 15% seems like alot, but remember the Health and welfare/ retirement is left alone. I have pinched pennies since this all started and will continue to do so. We are not going backwards but saving a great job!! One last note next year we can change the Union leadership and take a new direction....Just my humble thoughts...Good luck to all
[/quote]

Do you really think that the company is in dire need of concessions?

management is giving up nothing, at 310 we offered to forgo our raises seemed fair, let an ops guy inside deliver a treadmill!!!! :stir: :stir:

I'm voting NO and can not even consider a chance of voting yes. 15 % exactly what YRC is giving. Most be some kind of Texas math. Wake up Tyson, don't run away and answer your calls. We say NO NO .

[quote author=nbaug link=topic=79370.msg823455#msg823455 date=1271859305]
You guys better read this agreement, Johnson is saying that everyone will tack a 15% cut from ceo on down. But the truth is for management there using the fact that they didn't get a raise in the last 2 years, plus no raise this year and 2% for their health and welfare that is their 15% cut!! To me they are losing nothing that they haven't already have lost. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I'm one of the guys in the situation you're talking about. No, it's not just management in the GO, there are a lot of us REAL WORKERS, we just don't drive trucks so I guess we don't matter. It's not like what we do is useful at all or benefits the company, like driving a truck. (yes, that's sarcasm).

I hear the union talk about equal sacrifice equal sacrifice waaah... well where has it been for the last 2 and a half years? You guys still getting cost of living increases when the company is losing money, and WE are the ones paying for it. We are paying more in benefits while your cost stays the same. If you factor everything in over the last 2.5 years (the give-backs we've given and the cost of living raises you've been given), it's a pretty big swing! And you expect us to take ANOTHER 15%!!!?? It's not just raises for 2.5 years, it's promotions (yes, I have missed one because of this) and it's our 401k match, etc. For some people it easily adds up to more than 15% of their compensation. I'm in that group.

I applaud the management for realizing that if they take another 15% from us "regular non-contractual workers" that they would be losing a LOT of good workers. They are actually doing what is fair in this case and that is they are giving credit for sacrifices retroactively.

The sucky thing is, while I've definitely given up 15% or more over the last 2.5 years, the way the calculations will work out, I'll probably be giving back more. At least it won't be another 15%. 5% or so I could live with. 15% is a deal breaker. And yes, there are plenty of jobs my field of expertise.

I have a feeling I'm going to get assaulted because of this, but seriously... fair is fair and equal sacrifice is a two-way street.