XPO | 'Hey Alexa, where's my delivery?' XPO Logistics unveils voice tracking

“When accessing Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant, a person’s voice command to reschedule his or her delivery would trigger changes in XPO’s internal logistics tracking and dispatching software, Harik said. The new delivery time would be reflected on the truck driver’s mobile app, he said.”

Imagine the chaos that would ensue if customers could change appt times on the fly.

They want it earlier and you may have too many deliveries in the way to access their shipment.

They want it later, but now you maybe out of the area at the new time they request or will be busy doing pickups and may no longer be able to get to their location that day.

“When accessing Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant, a person’s voice command to reschedule his or her delivery would trigger changes in XPO’s internal logistics tracking and dispatching software, Harik said. The new delivery time would be reflected on the truck driver’s mobile app, he said.”

Imagine the chaos that would ensue if customers could change appt times on the fly.

They want it earlier and you may have too many deliveries in the way to access their shipment.

They want it later, but now you maybe out of the area at the new time they request or will be busy doing pickups and may no longer be able to get to their location that day.

Chaos ? You mean how many, okay I'll see you tomorrow's I'll be saying to people that think I can be where they are at a whim.