Central Transport | Hey Central Drivers!!!!!

realdesertkickin

TB Lurker
Credits
Just drove all night, all trucks papered at 60k, hauling 67k, as usual ,pulling to the right all night as Im sharing with a fcktard city driver who ramps curbs all day, but i read this story, and now Im happy and want to share

Every bit of this is cool

Forgot where I got this, this is the beef of the story though

Man dies after killing monkey

Mkhuhlu - A dead monkey had the last laugh when the Mpumalanga pensioner who killed him with an axe died a few hours later.

Zondani Mkhwanazi, 64, of Mkhuhlu near Hazyview and his son, Bongani, were sitting outside Mkhwanazi's house on Saturday when he noticed movement at the top of a nearby tree.

It was a monkey jumping from one tree to another, screeching and chattering. Mkhwanazi tried to chase the monkey away, but the animal settled in an isolated tree and wouldn't budge.
"My father thought the monkey was making fun of him," said Bongani.

He said his enraged father went into the house, fetched an axe and chopped down the tree, forcing the monkey to the ground where Zondani killed it with the axe.

Three hours later Zondani started complaining of cramps in his chest. "We all thought it was old-age aches and pains from chopping down the tree," said Bongani

The family went to bed and was woken by the screams of their mother, Busisiwe Mkhwanazi. When they went into the bedroom, she told the family that their father had died in his sleep. Busisiwe can't understand why he had died, saying her husband was such a strong man.

"I was looking forward to spending a lot more years with him," said the heart-broken widow. "At least he passed away in his sleep.

There's some comfort in knowing he didn't suffer," said Bongani Zondani's neighbour Simon Madala is still in shock over Mkhwanazi's death.

"How can a man die after chopping a tree at his own homestead?" he asked.

Just drove all night, all trucks papered at 60k, hauling 67k, as usual ,pulling to the right all night as Im sharing with a fcktard city driver who ramps curbs all day, but i read this story, and now Im happy and want to share

Every bit of this is cool

Forgot where I got this, this is the beef of the story though

Man dies after killing monkey

Mkhuhlu - A dead monkey had the last laugh when the Mpumalanga pensioner who killed him with an axe died a few hours later.

Zondani Mkhwanazi, 64, of Mkhuhlu near Hazyview and his son, Bongani, were sitting outside Mkhwanazi's house on Saturday when he noticed movement at the top of a nearby tree.

It was a monkey jumping from one tree to another, screeching and chattering. Mkhwanazi tried to chase the monkey away, but the animal settled in an isolated tree and wouldn't budge.
"My father thought the monkey was making fun of him," said Bongani.

He said his enraged father went into the house, fetched an axe and chopped down the tree, forcing the monkey to the ground where Zondani killed it with the axe.

Three hours later Zondani started complaining of cramps in his chest. "We all thought it was old-age aches and pains from chopping down the tree," said Bongani

The family went to bed and was woken by the screams of their mother, Busisiwe Mkhwanazi. When they went into the bedroom, she told the family that their father had died in his sleep. Busisiwe can't understand why he had died, saying her husband was such a strong man.

"I was looking forward to spending a lot more years with him," said the heart-broken widow. "At least he passed away in his sleep.

There's some comfort in knowing he didn't suffer," said Bongani Zondani's neighbour Simon Madala is still in shock over Mkhwanazi's death.

"How can a man die after chopping a tree at his own homestead?" he asked.
I suppose a higher power decided to take his life because he chose to take a life of an innocent monkey just trying to make a living.....For no reason except hatred.

When your number is called ......Your done ......If one thing doesn't get you the other will ..... Cancer....Stroke..... Heart attack .... Car accident .... I suppose the irony of this story is that when you take the life of an innocent creature for no other reason but hate .... You may find you lose your own life... Reaping and sowing plays out in many ways ..... Take what time you have on this EARTH ..... And live and let live .... Give more than you take and leave it better than you found it .... We were put on this EARTH for reasons that only your personal faith can determine .... As Jim Morrison of the Doors said.... We were thrown down here like a dog without a bone ..... What is on the other side? No one that has visited the other side has ever returned to tell us ...... Peace.

Congrats to the Central Transport drivers who got a nice bump in pay. Y'all certainly deserve it!

In South Carolina, we're told the bump was $3.00, topping out at $24.50. :1036316054:

Question: Was this bump the same nationwide or did it vary by location?

Congrats to the Central Transport drivers who got a nice bump in pay. Y'all certainly deserve it!

In South Carolina, we're told the bump was $3.00, topping out at $24.50. :1036316054:

Question: Was this bump the same nationwide or did it vary by location?
I have a good friend here at the Dallas terminal and I just called him to see what's up here in Dallas. Top pay here is 22.50 with OT after 55 ...
With no increase in the future as far as he knows. He's #5 in seniority. Dock work is mandatory. No increase here in Dallas. Can't say about SC ... He said he thought it was highly unlikely. The insurance sucks. Something called Cherokee. Owned by the owner of the company. Talk about a conflict of interest. Cherokee? WTF? Anyway nothing has changed for the bottom feeders here in Dallas. Maybe your source is BSing you. Maybe not. But these are the facts in Dallas. Oh and BTW they have the worst equipment in the LTL industry today. You couldn't pay me enough to work for these bottom feeders.

I have a good friend here at the Dallas terminal and I just called him to see what's up here in Dallas. Top pay here is 22.50 with OT after 55 ...
With no increase in the future as far as he knows. He's #5 in seniority. Dock work is mandatory. No increase here in Dallas. Can't say about SC ... He said he thought it was highly unlikely. The insurance sucks. Something called Cherokee. Owned by the owner of the company. Talk about a conflict of interest. Cherokee? WTF? Anyway nothing has changed for the bottom feeders here in Dallas. Maybe your source is BSing you. Maybe not. But these are the facts in Dallas. Oh and BTW they have the worst equipment in the LTL industry today. You couldn't pay me enough to work for these bottom feeders.
Thanks Train. Info came from more than one source. One (second hand) said $24/something... When I asked a driver directly, He said 24.50. :idunno:

I'll continue to verify... Truth is, we don't see a whole lot of Central trucks. Only a few...

The absolute worst. I think there comes a point where it's complete and utter nonsense to put drivers in equipment like that, but the truth is they have a choice. However, I think it's taken for granted the dangers of our job and the importance of safe equipment.

There is old equipment, and then there is Central Transport equipment.

Drivers are not to be believed when speaking about their wages and conditions. It is always tough or impossible to figure this one out.
Yes this a hard one. The only reason I got the truth is because I once worked their and have a great friend that still does and I know he wouldn't lie to me. In many cases only actual employees that work their will share that information among themselves. It would be pointless to lie when they make the same thing and get the same memos ... Yet even then, some people are just pathological liars.

Drivers are not to be believed when speaking about their wages and conditions. It is always tough or impossible to figure this one out.
Oh, no question about it, you're absolutely right.

In a effort to compare industry wages, I have no choice but to ask. Kind of funny how uncomfortable some are. An Estes driver didn't want to say, but when I told him what we make, he did say "Oh, we make more than that!".:highly amused: Then a Southeastern driver claimed he "didn't know exactly, since they don't get checks. Only direct deposit"... Whatever :wtflol:

The absolute worst. I think there comes a point where it's complete and utter nonsense to put drivers in equipment like that, but the truth is they have a choice. However, I think it's taken for granted the dangers of our job and the importance of safe equipment.

There is old equipment, and then there is Central Transport equipment.
I lasted two months after the take over of Vitran. I walked away from being number 4 in seniority to starting over at the bottom at SAIA. (They dove tailed the seniority) I love my current employer and only wish I had seen that coming. Vitran was actually a pretty cool company to work for. Matty M owns this company that is out of Michigan and is a pretty shady individual. He also owns that bridge to Canada. He is very well known in that state and his reputation proceeds him. Absolutely without a doubt the worst LTL company in business today.

Oh, no question about it, you're absolutely right.

In a effort to compare industry wages, I have no choice but to ask. Kind of funny how uncomfortable some are. An Estes driver didn't want to say, but when I told him what we make, he did say "Oh, we make more than that!".:highly amused: Then a Southeastern driver claimed he "didn't know exactly, since they don't get checks. Only direct deposit"... Whatever :wtflol:
I know .. I simply don't get it. Yes I know it's technically not my business but just say that's personal and walk away. No need to lie about it.

I double and triple checked. 3 Different Central drivers. It is true. Local South Carolina Top Wage for Central Transport: $24.50 Happy for them, they certainly deserve it, and more.

I double and triple checked. 3 Different Central drivers. It is true. Local South Carolina Top Wage for Central Transport: $24.50 Happy for them, they certainly deserve it, and more.
I believe it. When it comes to the owner of Central Transport anything is possible. Matty Moroun who just about owns Detroit (Ambassador Bridge) is a piece of work. The boys in Dallas will love to hear that. If you get bored Ratt google that old :censored::censored:. He is as shady as they come.

Last edited:
at the detroit terminal there was a pay increase, the bottom got the most and the senior drivers got chump change. basically making the entry level pay close to the competitors, then mouroun will recoup it through the insurance or some other trickery.

at the detroit terminal there was a pay increase, the bottom got the most and the senior drivers got chump change. basically making the entry level pay close to the competitors, then mouroun will recoup it through the insurance or some other trickery.

They have senior drivers at Central? A friend of mine works there and said the top guy at his terminal has only been there for like 2 years lol