FedEx Freight | Higher Bills per Hour

Javohn Maner

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering how to get my bills per hour higher. Higher bills per hour=Becoming a chaser=Full time sooner. I always hit whats left to load & load it unless its on the complete other side of the dock or it just looks like a pain in the ass to load. Any other suggestions??

Just do your job safely and secure the freight the way it is supposed to be secured, They know who does the job right. All the freight is different, the people who have the hi bill counts are those moving 1 skid per bill, when you have to move 4 skids and go halfway around a terminal it takes time. Good Luck

I thought I heard that they were not using BPH as a measuring criteria any more, due to focusing on safety and claims reductions.

I thought I heard that they were not using BPH as a measuring criteria any more, due to focusing on safety and claims reductions.

BPH is still king. It's the first thing the red shirts look at on their screen.

When you pull into the trailer, evaluate it quickly and determine what you need to do. Need to put up beams? Get your beams up, place your board down (if needed), start your rope. Secure your freight, and bounce. Do it right the first time, nothing worse than having to get called back to fix some shady load.

Don't overthink it. Is someone loading eight skids in and they're three skid in? Drop your freight and come back. Or, give them the checker and let them load it. Move on. Don't sit there and contemplate what you're going to do. You need to make decisions quickly. On the flip side, if you're the one loading eight skids in, and you're half way though, someone rolls through with one skid that can be floored out (or you can work it in), tell them to leave it out and you'll throw it in when you're done. They might return the favor next time you come into a door they're loading.

Don't overthink it. Keep moving.

BPH is still king. It's the first thing the red shirts look at on their screen.

When you pull into the trailer, evaluate it quickly and determine what you need to do. Need to put up beams? Get your beams up, place your board down (if needed), start your rope. Secure your freight, and bounce. Do it right the first time, nothing worse than having to get called back to fix some shady load.

Don't overthink it. Is someone loading eight skids in and they're three skid in? Drop your freight and come back. Or, give them the checker and let them load it. Move on. Don't sit there and contemplate what you're going to do. You need to make decisions quickly. On the flip side, if you're the one loading eight skids in, and you're half way though, someone rolls through with one skid that can be floored out (or you can work it in), tell them to leave it out and you'll throw it in when you're done. They might return the favor next time you come into a door they're loading.

Don't overthink it. Keep moving.
That's great advice, I work the dock almost every night, if you take a deck down take it with you to the loading trailer, chances are you are going
to need it and it saves time chasing one down. Don't talk to everyone, every time you stop and talk you loose at least 1 bill. Carry straps on your lift.
I am usually between 8.5-12.5 BPH and nobody has ever said a word to me. Just work safe and smart like everyone has said.

I myself have a slight different take on the matter. Socializing with your fellow workers between bills increases your productivity by way of elevating your endorphins, therefore making your working environment that more appealing. Also, beep your horn incessantly as I am told redshirts really seem enjoy the sound of forklift horns. And lastly, whenever you come across an unmanifested bill, don't waste time by running to the dock stand and having the redshirt waste time looking up the pro...instead, just find an available outbound trailer, and just put that puppy in there.

See ya on floor load Friday!

I myself have a slight different take on the matter. Socializing with your fellow workers between bills increases your productivity by way of elevating your endorphins, therefore making your working environment that more appealing. Also, beep your horn incessantly as I am told redshirts really seem enjoy the sound of forklift horns. And lastly, whenever you come across an unmanifested bill, don't waste time by running to the dock stand and having the redshirt waste time looking up the pro...instead, just find an available outbound trailer, and just put that puppy in there.

See ya on floor load Friday!
I think you have a good outlook on dock work. I will have to try this method

If you guys would just wear a hat like Big Dave, you could put them up in his coop slot, then your bill count would be higher...

Sorry I'm late. Tried to boost the bph thing years ago, had 4 skids lined up, pushing all 4 down the dock ,keeping within safe dock speed rule, red shirt went wacky (opps- more wacky) Now. I just sits in my truck and wonder what could have been.

Whats the difference between a girl friend and a wife?
Ans. 45 pounds

Why is santa always so jolly?
Ans. he knows where all the naughty girls live

Why do men die before their wives?

Ans. Because they want to.

What sexual position produces the ugliest children?

Ans. Ask your mom.
How do you make 5lbs of fat look good?

Ans. Put a nipple on it?

What do older women have between their breasts that young women don't?

Ans. A bellybutton.

Just do your job the way you are supposed to. F the bills per hour and F the ltc list. Biggest BS lists in this company. If you are working hard, do it right and safe and not screwing off that is going to get you noticed.

I'm late to this party, but I'll add my 2 cents anyway. I'm 2 months in to the driver apprentice program which means I'm a full time dock worker. I tend to do 3 to 5 BPH depending on how many HU there are. Nobody cares. They only care about weight per trailer. If you feel you've fallen behind for good reason let them know. You don't lose anything by letting a supervisor know you were reworking a trailer and building decks. There are a few full time dock workers there that skipped the seniority like because they do things right the first time.