XPO | hireing process

strunguptight

TB Lurker
Credits
when you go through the hireing process @ conway what all does it involve. What I'm getting at if you take your drug screen and your road test and pass the drug screen and don't run over a family of four ,does that mean your hired.

when you go through the hireing process @ conway what all does it involve. What I'm getting at if you take your drug screen and your road test and pass the drug screen and don't run over a family of four ,does that mean your hired.

Not necessarily.
You still need to pass the physical and your background check needs to be verified.

Keep in touch and get updates with that terminal.

pretty much. we dont even road test with a set anymore. it takes too long. so wheel that pup around town, pass a drug test and you're in.

pretty much. we dont even road test with a set anymore. it takes too long. so wheel that pup around town, pass a drug test and you're in.

Very sad that some terminals are not road testing with a set of doubles. That should be mandatory regardless of the amount of time it takes a potential new hire.

:funky:are you breathing? do you have a CDL? were your parents opposite sex? (Wait, that is no longer a requirement).....U.S. citizen? (Oh yeah, not a requirement either)......are you breathing? (not sure about that one anymore as well).......YOU ARE HIRED!!!!!!!!!:1036316054:

:funky:are you breathing? do you have a CDL? were your parents opposite sex? (Wait, that is no longer a requirement).....U.S. citizen? (Oh yeah, not a requirement either)......are you breathing? (not sure about that one anymore as well).......YOU ARE HIRED!!!!!!!!!:1036316054:

I think it's just a pulse and a CDL Hope this helps.Oh thats right they can get that for you too with a 1 year commitment:1036316054:

They also put you through hours of Tom Cruise-esque brainwashing videos to make you can :butt kiss: or take :chairshot:

There's still a terminal or two that will put a driver trainer on you and let him test you. :1036316054: don't worry tho, feed him a banana and he'll pass ya. But you didn't hear me say that.

The pulse is so true. We have become the company that experienced drivers stay away from. 5 years ago that was different. Around here we are the best paid drivers in the LTL industry yet nobody with experience will even fill out the application. That tells the story in itself. Our job is no different than the majority of LTL companies. It's the management of the company that keeps the quality drivers away. Dont take this the wrong way, everyone has too be inexperienced at sometime but the types of indivuduals we hire leave much too be desired. And the way we treat guys on the flex board is disgusting too say the least. If I had too start all over again I would never have come aboard. Then again I like most people cant predict the future. When I started things were different and I though this was my last stop before retirement. After all thats been taking away and the useless changes that have taken place it gives me heartburn!

Thanks for the information guys. I have got a pulse ,at least thats what they said when I went through my physical . Background check should be good. Drug test , no problem.I have got some time behind the wheel also (city 6year).Conways 6% match on the 401k looks nice , start out pay isn't bad. Company profit sharing sounds good but I don't know much about it. From my understanding theres a boat load of do's and don't to learn.I guess I will wait and see . :USA::USA:

Hey, when you first get started, ask for a policy book. Then make copies,let the other drivers know. I'm sure you could make a $$killing$$ off of them. Just my $.02

Thanks for the information guys. I have got a pulse ,at least thats what they said when I went through my physical . Background check should be good. Drug test , no problem.I have got some time behind the wheel also (city 6year).Conways 6% match on the 401k looks nice , start out pay isn't bad. Company profit sharing sounds good but I don't know much about it. From my understanding theres a boat load of do's and don't to learn.I guess I will wait and see . :USA::USA:

Idea

We should follow his career with Conway. It could be like a reality show. Starry eyed DSR with all great things ahead of him. Let's save this thread and follow up in about 1 year. Being the average turnover for new drivers is probably 70% or higher. The one year anniversary might not even come. Dont take this the wrong way I am not putting you down it's simply almost a decade of watching things go downhill and witnessing hundreds of new drivers come and go. Once you got 6 months of driving experience you can start looking elsewhere (most people do). If you make it too 1 year you can pretty much write your own ticket.

Do yourself a favor, dont invest much into ANY 401k at the moment. The market is crashing and will get so much worse sooner than later. Our current market/economy is going too make the .com crash look like a walk in the park.
Either way, best of luck too you.