R&L | Hiring line haul drivers?

edgefan57

TB Lurker
Credits
I might be going to work at R & L but its through a staffing agency. Has this been the norm lately? I would have thought they would hire straight into the company. The job will be in Wilmington, Oh. They told me it would be line haul at night, from point to point, no layovers home everyday. Anybody know anything about these positions? If they're temp to perm? Or anything else would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

The staffing agency said it was for R & L. I took a drug test today for the staffing agency. Should know more late this week.

most new hires are for sexual purposes only ie: combo drivers,utility drivers get info on exact pay & when you will be a FULL TIME R&L employee from staffing co. before committing IMO

Staffing IE temp agency driver are not given the chance to be a driver for R+L as an employee.I was told that its in the contract with the temp agency that R+L cant take drivers they might be interested in without a hefty monitary fine or what ever they call in payed out to the agency.

At my terminal they are put on line haul only because they don't want to go through the trouble of trying to train them on the city.

[quote author=EdgeFan57 link=topic=79407.msg823260#msg823260 date=1271796754]
I might be going to work at R & L but its through a staffing agency. If they're temp to perm? Or anything else would be appreciated. Thanks.

[/quote] If a temp agency is hiring you you will be an employee of the temp agency. If R+L likes you and everything works out R+L can hire you. They have to work you "X" number of hours through the temp agency before they can hire a driver or they will owe the temp service a large fee. So don't expect to be hired by R+L anytime soon. I've heard the temp companies pay 14-16hr plus OT after 40. If you were hired by R+L you would be a combo driver city/LH/dock most temp drivers run LH. FYI

Whats the name of the staffing agency? Is it Paramount leasing? If so,then that is R+L,or one of their spin off companies. They started Paramount leasing a year or so ago, and were going to bring all new hires in under them and the Paramount leasing pay scale and benny's. There was a thread on here about it a while back. As far as I know it went over like a led ballon.

Whats the name of the staffing agency? Is it Paramount leasing? If so,then that is R+L,or one of their spin off companies. They started Paramount leasing a year or so ago, and were going to bring all new hires in under them and the Paramount leasing pay scale and benny's. There was a thread on here about it a while back. As far as I know it went over like a led ballon.

The staffing agency im going through is Staffmark.

They do this every year about this time. Hire temp drivers to cover vacations then let them go in the fall. Not good for the rest of us. They don`t take care of the equipment. Had a cb stolen on the last day they all worked last year. :rant: