ODFL | Hiring process…how long did it take?

Dwell Time

The Dude
Credits
I could turn this into a long post but I won’t. Just trying to figure out how long it takes to get onboard and should I just bypass indeed and reach out direct to the terminal?

Reach out to the terminal! From the day I submitted my app to my offer letter was 8 days! Answer all questions truthfully and reply to all emails asap. I started 14 days after I applied.

Driver why you coming here,, freight getting slow and we over hiring,, if you hungry this ain’t no good time

They are offering a 10k sign on bonus out here where I’m at so they must not be that slow..lol
You’d be surprised how blind management is,,, they always stocking up for what’s gonna be the next big thing,,,, even if they busy they keep you home bc not enough trucks.. ie 32 drivers, 30 trucks, 10 broke down

Driver been here many years seen the change,, you go to Wally World…

Btw them big sign on bonus only for terminals in the ghetto like pdx and sea,, one has 3 city drivers leaving in the next week,,, so keep your everything so peachy here

You’d be surprised how blind management is,,, they always stocking up for what’s gonna be the next big thing,,,, even if they busy they keep you home bc not enough trucks.. ie 32 drivers, 30 trucks, 10 broke down
This is true. We have more drivers than trucks. Not to mention there’s several trucks broken down every day. A few weeks ago I sat in the break room for over 2 hours waiting for a truck. Kept 2 new drivers home last Thursday. 1 guy just quit and went to FedEx, OD kept giving him the runaround…

This is true. We have more drivers than trucks. Not to mention there’s several trucks broken down every day. A few weeks ago I sat in the break room for over 2 hours waiting for a truck. Kept 2 new drivers home last Thursday. 1 guy just quit and went to FedEx, OD kept giving him the runaround…
That’s how it getting at many places..,, some terminals not even allowing their linehaul to do longer runs so they can get the truck back in the early am.,,

Billy's made this same reply to anyone that's asked this question for the past ten years...

as from I've heard about other LTL companies. After your interview, it takes about 1 month before you start. That's how it was for me here at OD.