History of Branch Motor Express

Part 3 is in the works! These ICC volumes are an excellant source of information. Thanks for reading the blog.

Great read. It's amazing how the government sets up rules and then changed them at will. This company played by the rules of the day. Expanded and employed many people only to have it pulled out from under them.

Today I received a valuable collection of Branch Industries annual reports covering the years 1970 to 1983. Branch Industries was the publicly-owned parent company of Branch Motor Express. These annual reports are on loan from Northwestern University Library Transportation Collection. I first found out about these annual reports in late July and it has taken up to now to make their way to me. I can keep them until late Nivember and must return them to the University library. It looks like there will be additional chapters to my blog at www.lessthantruckloadhistory.wordpress.com

G5WTQR5.jpg

From the cover of a company brochure published in the late 1930’s. Several years later the name of the company was changed to Branch Motor Express.

Just received in the mail four Branch employee magazines from 1980. In just a few days Part Three Of Branch history on my website will be updated. To be added are some fabulous terminal photos!