FedEx Freight | Hit the survey!

I had a DM Bowman Dispatcher report me for having breakfast in the local truckstop two miles from the yard 4 hours prior to pending shipper appointment 40 minutes away.

What I should have done is served that dispatcher a warm salmon plate from the roach coacher for lunch at his desk. However the person I am now was not the mess I was then.

The company whomever it is does not give a ******* for anything EXCEPT how much money are they going to make today?

I had a DM Bowman Dispatcher report me for having breakfast in the local truckstop two miles from the yard 4 hours prior to pending shipper appointment 40 minutes away.

What I should have done is served that dispatcher a warm salmon plate from the roach coacher for lunch at his desk. However the person I am now was not the mess I was then.

The company whomever it is does not give a ******* for anything EXCEPT how much money are they going to make today?
Yes for sure! That stupid survey is not a chance for the workers to share their feelings about FedEx freight. It is a way to make it onto the 100 most admired companies list. That means bonus money for TOP mgmt not front line workers.
And that list is as powerful as JD Power used to be with the automobile market.
The whole US society is in a state of disarray now after COVID and the worker shortage. We will have to see if FedEx freight can continue to hire people… because they have plans that involve growth not stagnation.

It makes the company looks like it cares and 4Eyes you know that .
In all my years and all the survey crap not one thing has ever changed
or addressed my good friend , Sir . I made my comment and will hold
my tongue .

Thanks Smoke, I do appreciate that line of thought. Personally, I like to bring it up in September, right before their raises go into effect as a little more push. I am lucky to have a good TM that actually does go over the survey results though. If yourself and @Crazy Trucker do not, I can understand the frustration but maybe you can use that as a bargaining tool? A "I did my part why can't you do yours?" l kind of thing you know?

I think what will get my terminal's attention is when 25% of their city drivers bail in the upcoming weeks. The bid sucks and there isn't enough work, cutting drivers all the time.
I know one at my terminal that plans to leave in a couple of weeks also.

I had one who finally in his lifetime accumulated right at 66 damn years in a 18 wheeler. He finally passed close to 90 not too long ago.

He was over 40 years on the road when he trained me. When HE started talking about getting hell off the titanic our company had become I should have followed him out the door. He was the top 12 in senority out of 250 and I was on the bottom rung. I knew nothing.

Thats probably how companies profit. Failing to pay the drivers properly and keeping a industry like a well tended garden it was prior to Deregulation.

That trainer rode with me in the pax seat in spirit to this day. I can almost hear him talking when something develops.

I always tell them, don't ask the question if you're not prepared for the answer.

IMHO the only real (and critical) question, beyond the fluff ones (do you feel loved, understand your job, etc.), was "Are you satisfied with your benefits?". On that one, IMHO, the only benefit that sucks is the HEALTH INSURANCE. And THAT one sucks big time. The coverage, as well as the process for using the connect your care card for payments, uploading bills etc.

I have spent decades without health insurance.

See here, there is a little tiny paragraph passed in the Halls of Congress which is the Annex to the Heavens Scenes. That law says as of 1986, if they schlep you to a ER or Trauma center with a boo boo they are required to make you stable with medically necessary procedures applied until you are stable and good for discharge or dead and discharged.

The billing can take care of itself. I remember one incident in Casper Wyoming, I got mountain sick then felt the signs of Asmha on top of that high up, The hospital there patched me up ina couple of hours and ordered me to stay below 3000 feet for a period of weeks. That was a 4000 dollar incident to me medically in that ER> But they were outstannding on a sunday night of all things. In a blizzard situation too.

Insurance? Worry about that money later when you quit pulling on the special breathing medicine. They cannot get paid if they waste time waving paper work as you die on the table.

I was essentially a cash patient for 30 plus years. In some cases even today I am a cash patient.

My MD said it was anonymous and I truly do believe him. Here is why:

This is a third party company that deals exclusively in surveys. Why would they put their name on the line in order to rat out to FedEx the employee or employees who rated a center badly? Especially if as a lot of you guys seem to think here, the company is all bad from the sup level up. So from that viewpoint would they even care about the bad anyway if it came from those vocal ones who always dog the company? They would just say "oh its just so and so" and move on. It just doesn't track for that company (Perceptyx) to get bad reviews and put their livelihood and business model on the line because they leaked confidential answers for that. Only reason they have you put the ID in is so they can verify you took it one time (those participation numbers) and that the feedback gets to the correct center.

Are some TM's only gonna drive participation and not care about the result? I am sure some do, but by not participating I really do feel I am not actively contributing to solutions.
Ok, let's get this straight. The FXF survey in all the years I've taken it has never been anonymous. They ask for your employee number to log on and once logged on tell you who your direct supervisor is. That is not anonymous. I can recall almost every year being harassed by mgmt to take the survey, we'll pay you a half hour to do it. And then, we had very poor participation from you road drivers last year, let's do better this year. Or the best, when they had such poor participation, they did it again 2 months later really beating the drum for participation. Tms are on the hook for the participation numbers and It does directly affect their compensation. And as EVERY one here knows, nothing has ever been solved by these surveys. The previous posts are correct, this is just a pr deal for uncle Fred and the boys to look like corporate glamour boys and not the riif raff they really are.

There should be a experiment.

Drag the suits, dispatchers, and white collar office people out of that yard building. All of them. The payroll girl too.

Set them on the dock and tell them they have several choices today. Drive a truck, deliver loads or work the dock.

The USUAL drivers and dock workers are gathered in one of he board rooms and told they have two choices today.

Make this company profitable with the workforce out there or seek a buyer for the whole shebang lock stock and barrel.

they don't care about the responses, only the number that take it. low numbers taken will get questions asked, high numbers taken and bad marks equals nothing said..........this theory has been proven over the past few years
My yard had the lowest score in the company one year. The SCM was “reassigned” to a hub as a city dispatcher in our region. Then he was fired a couple months later.