Hobbies, do you have one or more..??....(part 2)

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
Ok, since the major melton down, the Hobbies thread i started got burnt up as well

I started a hobby with a 3 gallon round fish tank, via Wally's World Emporium, which with in about 2 weeks(?) made me go out and buy a 10 gallon fish tank.

29bosi1.jpg

in the far right corner, that is a real plant, the far left corner, that is a fake plant, there is a "moon rock", and what i call a Fred Flintstone" house

i have (now as of this update), 2 platy Mickey Mouse, 2 golden yellow guppies, 3 shrimp, and 2 racer snails...(my first one died)

and i'll tell you what too....the name "racer" fits these snails...good god almighty, for the life of me, i NEVER saw ANY snail....move so fast....!!!

i also (just yesterday) bought an in tank "breeder box", for the 5 baby blue wag platy's that i have.

thier mother gave birth, then died.....

so i have been trying to provide for them, and they (all 5) are still alive after i think now past 2 weeks of being born...i have to finely crush up the flakes, and drop them into the breeder box....

i had a small glass fish bowl, but this breeder box is better, as they get the warmed waters, and treated waters from the 10 gallon tank

ok, so my old telephone table (remember home phones??), was getting over loaded with all the crap i have to buy, to maintain the fish tank. this morning under advice from a buddy of mine in NV, (he had several tanks himself), told me i should have an air pump to provide oxygen for the fish, especially if i see them swimming at the top.

so i got home and like WTF, where do i put this thing?

well i got some before/after pics of my phone table, and what i had to do was quite simple, just add another shelf, with some of the spare wood i have in the cellar.

tell you what too, some of my woodworking power tools, are getting a workout now, and i only bought the majority of them like 10-15 years ago...lol

here is the table before..

2i88z10.jpg

here is the new shelf, i got the wood from a tv stand my niece did not need anymore, so i took home parts of wood, i "might need" in the future..trust me, i was able to mount the shelf while sitting down on the floor, but i had to do it "blindly", as i cannot bend my body

2yo21pw.jpg

and here is the finished project, but this picture may not be properly orientated. (sorry)

29ql0ep.jpg

when i mounted that shelf, i did it blindly as i said. i used duct tape to hold the brackets up against the inside, then i drilled pilot holes and screwed in the screws......i also of course, used a level,

if a mod or @Jeff can situate that last pic the proper way, thanks in advance

We don’t think of fish having to breath oxygen but they do...if there isn’t enough oxygen in the water they will swim to the top and gulp in air...

We don’t think of fish having to breath oxygen but they do...if there isn’t enough oxygen in the water they will swim to the top and gulp in air...
yes, i have a real plant as well, that does it's job. but i was glad that my buddy told me about that air pump.

the filter "makes bubbles" as it pours water back into the tank, but that may not be enough

I have a friend that has a hugh salt water aquarium with exotic fish...it’s amazing what he has to do to keep this little environment balanced...

That's interesting, I'm going to consider it. It's easy enough. Right now guitars are sort of my hobby, I buy, sell, work on, play. I've owned guitars since I was 14, probably had 100 of them move through my hands. Wish I'd of kept more of the ones I owned in the 70's, guitars I could buy for a couple hundred back then are worth thousands now.

That's interesting, I'm going to consider it. It's easy enough. Right now guitars are sort of my hobby, I buy, sell, work on, play. I've owned guitars since I was 14, probably had 100 of them move through my hands. Wish I'd of kept more of the ones I owned in the 70's, guitars I could buy for a couple hundred back then are worth thousands now.

It’s an interesting hobby in a world of instantaneous communication...it requires a level of patience that isn’t as common today...postcards to/from Russia average 30 days...definitely an exercise in patience...

Currently I have 20 postcards traveling...

I have a friend that has a hugh salt water aquarium with exotic fish...it’s amazing what he has to do to keep this little environment balanced...
i am finding this out, day by day, with my little 10 gallon tank...as here we are, as humans, suck up all sorts of pollutants on a daily basis, and survive....
i have seen on the Pawn Stars, the high dollar value of some...