Hobbies, do you have one or more..??....(part 2)

ok, some time later, like about nearly 2.5 hours...

AGAIN, all the levels are balanced and i have a great...SAFE......ammonia level...

maybe that new chemical i got today works after all..??

only 1 teaspoon for the 10 gallon tank....

the tank is a tad bit cloudy, even after nearly 3 full gallons of changing out, rather than 2.5 gallons which would be the recommended 25%

so it might have started it's "cycling process" (hence the bit of cloudiness)

and yes, i did install a new filter as well

can i go back to being pro1driver now...?????
pro1auqadriver

pro1auqadriver
tenor.gif

so i went to the pet store..i bought a bottle of "ammonia stop" or some name like that.
we spoke about things, and did a water test...
nearly ALL my chemical levels are spot on, but there was a bit too much ammonia...(as it was at home, when i tested it)

so, what do we do..??

change out the water....dammit...again...
i also got thier brand (topfin) of ammonia stopper..

just finished a few minutes ago, eating my sammich now, a mc donalds FISH sandwich......
if that don't scare the fish to smarten up...they will all be NEXT......

getting to be a "pro" at fish tank water changing....
who woulda thunk i'd go from "pro1driver"...
to
"pro1tankwaterchanger"...?????

oh yeah, i will of course change out the filter as well......even though, the other one is still good.

good thing, i took them up on thier special deal..."buy 27,000 filters for the low, low price of $1,000"...............

i'm tryin'.......i'm tryin'.......
How's about "pro1fishwhisper"?? asking for a friend (seabreeze)

i cannot find my racer snail....

yup, missing in action, somewhere in the tank..

looked everywhere, even behind the table that supports the tank..nope.....

the cover...nope......behind the filter housing...nope....

i dunno.....maybe he heard something from the other fishies....

my brand new, nearly $6.00 catfish died.
i am dog tired now, i need my nap, so i will have to go all the way back to the pet store, for a refund/replacement catfish, tomorrow.

he/she was acting strange it's first night...at first he/she would settle at the bottom and do nothing...
later in the early evening, he/she would zip all across the tank....

i had noticed that this fish seemed to be "sleeping" a lot, rather than to be moving around.(it was not dead, i could see that it was breathing)

damn this sucks...again, ALL chemical levels are near if not perfect....
but, it ain't like i had a new fish not die before.......it's just aggravating, i gotta make yet another trip to the store.

while there, i may look around and see if they have those floating/sinking plastic fish....

i may have to re-consider this hobby.

ah...4 full days of crystal clear water.....

all levels are as near perfect as possible. i had bought a bottle of "ammonia remover", and it works great.

i think however, my 2 guppies are bullies..

they chase around one of the mickey mouse platy's....

then all of a sudden, that fish will turn around and chase them...

then a reversal....lol

when the second platy comes out of hiding, and swims with the other, the guppies back off the 2 of them..it's like WTF dude, you gotta have a body guard now...???

lol

my cory catfish, just occasionally goes spastic, like a house cat will....

and tends to sleep a lot...like a house cat does...lol

ok, so i now have 2 cory catfish..they have barbs to help locate thier food, as they scavenge the bottom of the tank..to have those barbs and gravel (it is said, on one website) can harm them as the barbs can get cut on that gravel, and they can get an infection and die.......so sand should be used.

on another website, another expert said, he never saw or noticed anything hurting the catfish..

so screw it, i bought the sand..i had to slowly scoop out the gravel, then vacuum the tank, add water, and add the chemicals.

the tank is a bit cloudy right now, when it clears up, i'll post a pic.

i did not remove all the grave, i left some in a corner for the plant and for the filter pick up tube to rest on, also, both catfish seem to like hiding/sleeping under a plant leaf, on the gravel...

the "kid" at the pet store, showed me the sand he uses in his tank(s)........

if you ever want expert advice on how to do things, consult a 5 year old.... @Stimpy ....knows about 5 year old experts too...!!!!

ok, some of the cloudiness has cleared.

as you can see, i kept some of the blue gravel for just the plant to stay in place.

it was all smooth, and now i can see "pock marks" from the fish poking holes in the sand...

the catfish hide under a leaf, in the gravel area....

2eluo9x.jpg

ok, so i now have 2 cory catfish..they have barbs to help locate thier food, as they scavenge the bottom of the tank..to have those barbs and gravel (it is said, on one website) can harm them as the barbs can get cut on that gravel, and they can get an infection and die.......so sand should be used.

on another website, another expert said, he never saw or noticed anything hurting the catfish..

so screw it, i bought the sand..i had to slowly scoop out the gravel, then vacuum the tank, add water, and add the chemicals.

the tank is a bit cloudy right now, when it clears up, i'll post a pic.

i did not remove all the grave, i left some in a corner for the plant and for the filter pick up tube to rest on, also, both catfish seem to like hiding/sleeping under a plant leaf, on the gravel...

the "kid" at the pet store, showed me the sand he uses in his tank(s)........

if you ever want expert advice on how to do things, consult a 5 year old.... @Stimpy ....knows about 5 year old experts too...!!!!
Oh.... I'm an expert on knowing nothing...... just like Sargent schultz....lol