Holland | Hoffa's Teamsters 1959

Ya, but that is how the system is set up. You need to keep bringing in new members to fund the old members, and that system has to keep repeating itself to be successful. And the chain of success gets broken without getting new members to add to the kitty. Same principle as Social Security.

All you are doing is repeating the conservative mantra that pensions and social security are Ponzi schemes. BULLCRAP ! Explain why the Western Conference Fund is 91% + funded with similiar contributions and payouts to CS then. The fund managers, the lawyers, and the court appointed investment firms have done nothing but mismanage and plunder CS since 1982 when the US Dept. of Labor took control of the fund. Along with increased payouts mandated by the government like Crystal mentioned we are in the shape we are today. Don't forget the board of CS consists of equal management and union reps. also.

True YRCW is only paying in partial contributions but their members have also taken huge cuts to their benefits as a result.

As far as Social Security I have paid in and had payed in on my behalf by employers over $230k in my working lifetime. Invested at a reasonable rate of return that would cover my benefits payed out to my normal life expectancy. The concept is simple, you get back in proportion to what you pay in. If the politicians would keep their hands off the SS trust fund it would be solvent for many years to come. Certain political factions would love to get their hands on the SS trust fund and hand it over to their Wall St. pals so they could steal it like they have the assets of CS pension.

All you are doing is repeating the conservative mantra that pensions and social security are Ponzi schemes. BULLCRAP !
You can call those two funds whatever you want. Just ask yourself this. Does the current working class people's money go toward paying for those who have already retired? Yes or No? That answer is simple. It's yes.
It's not political.....it's factual.

Explain why the Western Conference Fund is 91% + funded with similiar contributions and payouts to CS then.
Poor fund management by those at the top?

The fund managers, the lawyers, and the court appointed investment firms have done nothing but mismanage and plunder CS since 1982 when the US Dept. of Labor took control of the fund.
I agree. But what has the Union done to stop it? Very little, if anything.

Don't forget the board of CS consists of equal management and union reps. also.
Equal? That's not the number that I recall. But if so, why have those union reps. done so little for their members that they represent?

The concept is simple, you get back in proportion to what you pay in.
Nope. It's not quite that simple. There are millions of people who have already taken out more SS than they ever paid in. That's why SS is losing money.

If the politicians would keep their hands off the SS trust fund it would be solvent for many years to come.
You've got that right. Those bastards have ruined the entire reason that SS was set up to begin with.

Certain political factions would love to get their hands on the SS trust fund and hand it over to their Wall St. pals so they could steal it like they have the assets of CS pension.
I hope that you are referring to BOTH political parties. Just follow the money in every case, and you will find a crooked politician from one party or the other.

Don't want to know anything about you. Go home... Leave this site to the men that stand for something not a gypsy flitting around on union sites trying to impress his scab bosses..

Whatever you think dude. But I tell you what, unlike your friend wtfteamser, I obey they rules so I think I'll stay around as long as I damn well like. So either get used to it or put me on ignore because I've got as much right to be here as you.

Whatever you think dude. But I tell you what, unlike your friend wtfteamser, I obey they rules so I think I'll stay around as long as I damn well like. So either get used to it or put me on ignore because I've got as much right to be here as you.
Maybe you should put him on ignore, as you are the non holland or yrcw employee. Save your bull ::shit:: for the sheep at the OD forum.

Says the guy who started a thread about me on the OD forum...
Only after you camp out here like some half ass guru trying to get members banned who see you for what you are , a pathetic loser who tries to inject himself in every thread, like this one.

Or like the thread on the OD forum about layoffs, and you looking for sympathy because your earnings are down.

Poor baby.

Only after you camp out here like some half ass guru trying to get members banned who see you for what you are , a pathetic loser who tries to inject himself in every thread, like this one.

Or like the thread on the OD forum about layoffs, and you looking for sympathy because your earnings are down.

Poor baby.

I'm not trying to get anyone banned, that's your behavior. Don't try to cast that back on me.

Why don't you give the personal insults a rest for a bit and actually bring substance to a conversation. Til then I'm done with you.

I'm not trying to get anyone banned, that's your behavior. Don't try to cast that back on me.

Why don't you give the personal insults a rest for a bit and actually bring substance to a conversation. Til then I'm done with you.

Substance to a conversation? LOL, quit being so full of yourself. You're only a truck driver. A scab truck driver.

Substance to a conversation? LOL, quit being so full of yourself. You're only a truck driver. A scab truck driver.
Self important little man aren't you scab. You feed off your jabs and innuendo about things you'll never understand. Loyalty to the union and the brotherhood that comes with it takes sacrifice and courage. I don't believe you possess either of these traits, you aren't Teamster material.

I will guarantee all of you that when the non-union guys hear (and read) the ignorant, hate filled, comments like the ones on this forum, they ask themselves.......why they hell would I want to join a union if that is the type of attitude that comes with it. Most of the nons probably tell themselves that if being a Teamster means that I have to hate and despise everyone who isn't a Teamster.......count me out.
The Union guys need to wake up. It's easier to bait in a non union group of drivers by being cordial, professional, and by selling them on what the "Brotherhood" has to offer, versus these vile, hate spewing comments that are a complete turn-off to an outsider.
To put the comments on here into a hunter's analogy.............
It's like pouring skunk **** on your deer bait pile, then wondering why the deer won't come in.

Damn, wake up.

I liked your post all but for the word bait. I would hope they'd want to join a union for the job security protection from "at will" employers. From gestapo type supervisors who like to rule with an iron fist and play favoritism............... I remember when Conway first came north. It's drivers weren't allowed to even talk to union drivers. They were afraid to even wave to us. They reminded me of those moonies who were growing in numbers at that time. I remember when Old Dominion and Pitt Ohio wouldn't venture across the Delaware into the Northeast for fear of being organized. What was it that those companies were so afraid of? Overtime? A union contract that protected workers rights and job security?

That was before the right wingers turned unions into a dirty word. Fooling workers into thinking that "right to work" actually protects workers rights. How anyone can think that being an "at will" employee is a good thing is beyond me. We shouldn't have to "bait" anyone. A union contract that provides job security, uniform work rules, protects seniority, and pays overtime should be enough. But that just my opinion and what do I know, I'm just a dinosaur.

I used the word bait because it is an "attractant".......to bring in. And you are right, it's the pay, benefits, job security etc. etc. that should work as bait to bring in new membership.
Just don't overlook how the "atmosphere" at the workplace means a lot to some people. Hearing the anger, hatred, and utter contempt against the nons won't convince any nons that it's a place that they would like to be.
The nons might consider jumping ship to a union operation if they felt that they might get treated like a human being and be part of the team. But from what I read on here, it seems like the nons would get treated like an outsider and the atmosphere wouldn't be real peaceful.

I'm hoping that some of the crap on here that we read is just keyboard tough guys, that just blow off steam on here and aren't nearly as much of a jackass as they portray themselves as.
:idunno:

I don't like the word scab used just because they work for a non union company. If they crossed my picket line with a smile on their face then I'd call them a scab. But since there aren't many union jobs left I'd understand how a non could be fearful of losing his job. I'd understand if he reluctantly crossed with an apology instead of honoring the picket line.

I remember years ago 1 of our dispatchers, a really good guy, had to pull a trailer out of our yard with his own father on the picket line. We didn't hold a grudge because his job was at risk if he didn't. He was all apologetic and it was a really good customer who really needed the freight. I remember years ago seeing McLeans pulling loads during the strike with placards saying military cargo. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do.

I will guarantee all of you that when the non-union guys hear (and read) the ignorant, hate filled, comments like the ones on this forum, they ask themselves.......why they hell would I want to join a union if that is the type of attitude that comes with it. Most of the nons probably tell themselves that if being a Teamster means that I have to hate and despise everyone who isn't a Teamster.......count me out.
The Union guys need to wake up. It's easier to bait in a non union group of drivers by being cordial, professional, and by selling them on what the "Brotherhood" has to offer, versus these vile, hate spewing comments that are a complete turn-off to an outsider.
To put the comments on here into a hunter's analogy.............
It's like pouring skunk **** on your deer bait pile, then wondering why the deer won't come in.

Damn, wake up.
So your feelings are hurt because of my bluntness? The comments were directed at the individual for the derogatory starements made in that post plus others. If you choose, to support, identify, and agree with his views and the negative union implications so be it. I place you in the same category. If you are talking non-union then you are attacking my way of life, this discussion began on a rather whimsical thread speaking of the old days. The individual in question ramped it up by being all PC and talking tire irons and beatings. This is our world today that you are allowed to say anything you wish but not to take responsibility for the outcome. Honestly I am amazed that "scab" is terrible but "thug" isn't. That you take offense that when referring to my job and choice to be in my union, your non union views are viewed with indignation and the contempt. If you want agreement, simply go spout your sophmoric principles on a sight where fellows nons are so you can get whatever gratification you are after. By the way Conway and the other nons were the first to go to the customers and annouce Hollands demise. What goes around comes around. Grow up and quit being so delicate.

So your feelings are hurt because of my bluntness? The comments were directed at the individual for the derogatory starements made in that post plus others. If you choose, to support, identify, and agree with his views and the negative union implications so be it. I place you in the same category. If you are talking non-union then you are attacking my way of life, this discussion began on a rather whimsical thread speaking of the old days. The individual in question ramped it up by being all PC and talking tire irons and beatings. This is our world today that you are allowed to say anything you wish but not to take responsibility for the outcome. Honestly I am amazed that "scab" is terrible but "thug" isn't. That you take offense that when referring to my job and choice to be in my union, your non union views are viewed with indignation and the contempt. If you want agreement, simply go spout your sophmoric principles on a sight where fellows nons are so you can get whatever gratification you are after. By the way Conway and the other nons were the first to go to the customers and annouce Hollands demise. What goes around comes around. Grow up and quit being so delicate.

Who was calling anyone a thug? I just asked a question, you're the one who got all pissy and offended. And Flash is right, guys like you and wtf are two of the reasons I have the opinion I do about working at a union shop. You guys talk all about brotherhood then would bump a junior man, take his overtime and then sign the excessive overtime sheet! I'm not attacking your way of life, sounds like it's the other way around!

Who was calling anyone a thug? I just asked a question, you're the one who got all pissy and offended. And Flash is right, guys like you and wtf are two of the reasons I have the opinion I do about working at a union shop. You guys talk all about brotherhood then would bump a junior man, take his overtime and then sign the excessive overtime sheet! I'm not attacking your way of life, sounds like it's the other way around!
I called it again.