Holland | Holland Buffalo

trucker16

TB Lurker
Credits
looking for information on working in the city. How many hours do you work, vacation, union dues and benefits. When do benefits start. How many more drivers are they going to hire. Would I be working five days during the winter months. Any other information that would be helpful.

I wish I could help you with some information buddy, but I work road a thousand miles away. I do not hear to many guys from Buffalo on here but hopefully someone will pop up and be able to help you with your questions! Good Luck whatever you end up doing!

looking for information on working in the city. How many hours do you work, vacation, union dues and benefits. When do benefits start. How many more drivers are they going to hire. Would I be working five days during the winter months. Any other information that would be helpful.
Union dues is 2 1/2 hrs pay per month so you're probably looking at $60+- per month there plus initiation fees (why for I don't know) of something like $300 (most of them will take that out of your check a little at a time). Health insurance is probably the best thing on your list and it is no charge to us with low copays and great coverage. When it starts varies all over the country so you'd have to check locally there, your union local should have that, and all other answers for you. Vacations have been robbed over the last ten years and YRC's are not the same as ABF's so I am not sure but I think you'll get one week after one year and two weeks after two years. There is something of a pension but that varies all over the country and it has been badly pillaged and you'd have to check with your local on that too.

Union dues is 2 1/2 hrs pay per month so you're probably looking at $60+- per month there plus initiation fees (why for I don't know) of something like $300 (most of them will take that out of your check a little at a time). Health insurance is probably the best thing on your list and it is no charge to us with low copays and great coverage. When it starts varies all over the country so you'd have to check locally there, your union local should have that, and all other answers for you. Vacations have been robbed over the last ten years and YRC's are not the same as ABF's so I am not sure but I think you'll get one week after one year and two weeks after two years. There is something of a pension but that varies all over the country and it has been badly pillaged and you'd have to check with your local on that too.
60.00 Wow you guys at ABF make the big bucks! Us poor slobs at Holland only pay like 52, maybe in 2019 we will pay 60.00. Excuse me I have to pinch myself and wake up now! I know all you guys will be ROFL now! :D

60.00 Wow you guys at ABF make the big bucks! Us poor slobs at Holland only pay like 52, maybe in 2019 we will pay 60.00. Excuse me I have to pinch myself and wake up now! I know all you guys will be ROFL now! :D
I wasn't sure what your pay scale is over there.

trucker16, I would suggest you go to R&L or Dayton ,or XPO or Old Dom. or Estes , anybody that is at FULL pay and has a matching 401-K , and you will be working nights for the next 10 to 15 years and it's 60 plus hours a week job !!

trucker16, I would suggest you go to R&L or Dayton ,or XPO or Old Dom. or Estes , anybody that is at FULL pay and has a matching 401-K , and you will be working nights for the next 10 to 15 years and it's 60 plus hours a week job !!
I would agree on Old Dominion and maybe Dayton or Estes but not XPO or R&L, that's my opinion.
Not enough driver....Not Enough!

Holland city job in Buffalo for new hire would be a start time between 10:30-11:30am. Plan on working at least 10-12 hours a day. You will drive everyday and work the dock everyday. Make no mistake you will work the dock. They cover a large area including Rochester and points further east and south into PA. Expect to drive a very old beat up twin screw Ford Sterling. Laid back barn with a frigid dock in the winter. Good luck

Holland city job in Buffalo for new hire would be a start time between 10:30-11:30am. Plan on working at least 10-12 hours a day. You will drive everyday and work the dock everyday. Make no mistake you will work the dock. They cover a large area including Rochester and points further east and south into PA. Expect to drive a very old beat up twin screw Ford Sterling. Laid back barn with a frigid dock in the winter. Good luck

I will agree with the very cold dock. .. . And you will get to work with special k.....

I will agree with the very cold dock. .. . And you will get to work with special k.....
Coveralls, three pairs of socks and a good hat and you will think it is summer in Florida! I was on the dock working velocity in Tomah during the winter and you learn to adapt, it's kind of like the old days when you had no AC at home or in your truck or car, you just got use to the heat or maybe we were just a little bit tougher than today?

Coveralls, three pairs of socks and a good hat and you will think it is summer in Florida! I was on the dock working velocity in Tomah during the winter and you learn to adapt, it's kind of like the old days when you had no AC at home or in your truck or car, you just got use to the heat or maybe we were just a little bit tougher than today?

Lol.... when I worked the velocity bid.... Erie to buffalo. ... those boys on the dock in buffalo had it figured out .... they wore DC clothes. .... DC heating elements in the pants, jacket, and gloves. ... for power they used the battery on the forklift. ... these clothes were designed for motorcycle riders in foul weather..... and I suppose snowmobile riders too.

Thanks for the info. This is not my first ltl job. I have worked at a couple of the non Union carriers and some of them are a joke like odfl. That company may pay but the way the operation is ran is a joke. The hours I'm used to and driving old equipment is nothing new.

Sign me up.
:nono h4h:

:wtflol:

:duh:

THIS................

guy.jpg

PLUS THIS.........

Montreal_-_Plateau,_day_of_snow_-_200312.jpg

EQUALS A BIG HELL NO!

Thanks for the info. This is not my first ltl job. I have worked at a couple of the non Union carriers and some of them are a joke like odfl. That company may pay but the way the operation is ran is a joke. The hours I'm used to and driving old equipment is nothing new.
I think they all run the companies like jokes, maybe UPS is an exception, there is not a week that goes by where at least once I say to myself : "if they can make money running the company like this could you imagine how much they could make if it was run correctly!"

Sysco is teamsters and looking for city drivers in Buffalo. No layoffs. Union dues are 2 1/2 times your hourly rate once a month. The yard is only a half mile from the Holland terminal. The insurance is through the the teamsters which is outstanding. Enhanced 401k that is matched weekly. Vacation you get 1 year 1 week, 2 years 2 weeks, 3 years 3 weeks, 10 years 4 weeks and 15 years 5 weeks. 7 sick/personal days a year.

Sysco is teamsters and looking for city drivers in Buffalo. No layoffs. Union dues are 2 1/2 times your hourly rate once a month. The yard is only a half mile from the Holland terminal. The insurance is through the the teamsters which is outstanding. Enhanced 401k that is matched weekly. Vacation you get 1 year 1 week, 2 years 2 weeks, 3 years 3 weeks, 10 years 4 weeks and 15 years 5 weeks. 7 sick/personal days a year.
Good advice. ... the job is for a young man though. ...in my opinion

I thought the Buffalo dock was heated????