New Penn | Holland closing 11 terminals in north east ?

ABF sending equipment to Albany for upcoming supposed influx of business ?
Heard rumor from ABF man about Holland closing in northeast this morning, he had piggybacked tractors leaving his barn heading to Albany today.
Rumors mind you ... just rumors ...

I work at ABF I heard no such rumor and for my fellow Teamsters I hope not.

Were you from ? This person works at a northeast area terminal and called me when he arrived at work this morning.
Bottom line, I hope it's not true either.

well on a added note i was in buffalo last week and got to talking to a dockman when i overheard him say something about what's going to happen in 2 weeks. i was told that buffalo got 4 more forklifts sent to them when they aren't needing all the ones the have. guys in buffalo also seem to think something is going down. also heard roadman out of the hill has a brother that is steward for holland in harrisburg and he also says that his brother told him holland was closing the northeast. just rumours for now but we shall see....

Seems to be on the line of what I am hearing and would NOT be a surprise. The YRC machine keeps moving...............

yeah, that's been in the terminal locator for a few years now. even the new england terminals show up on hollands site.

That is because New Penn delivers Hollands freight in New England. It's called interline ... and I would guess that Holland ( or other USF companies ) deliver New Penn freight in the central and western part of the country.

yeah, that's been in the terminal locator for a few years now. even the new england terminals show up on hollands site.

But if there is duplicate service, why show both New Penn and USF facilities.....just show Holland if you are on the Holland Website.

That is because New Penn delivers Hollands freight in New England. It's called interline ... and I would guess that Holland ( or other USF companies ) deliver New Penn freight in the central and western part of the country.

And if you search for terminals on New Penn's website, only the New Penn location shows up, not the Holland if there is one in the same location. Still find it interesting that New Penn still interlines with Wilson, when Holland can do all of that.

That might explain why there were 4 USF tractors at the Yellow Buffalo terminal over the weekend. Sure is sad to see but I wonder where exactly they will all be dovetailing into??? YRC only or follow the work?? What a strange and scary time to be a steering wheel holder.

holland could deliver that freight,but could they do 2 day service in all the areas wilson delivers? except florida, and maybe a few lower GA. locations. thats what the npme and wilson thing is,2 day service.when alvan went out and we started to use holland for ohio ,MI, and IL. and that was 2 day service being sold,holland wasn't cutting it. if load to holland was 20minutes late, they left load sit. hopefully things have changed . obviously that was some management decesion,ok, but if thats the way you look at getting npme freight, you can see why we still interline with wilson. it's a service we both have been selling for 20+ years,and a service our customers expect. it's not just a load of freight and we'll get to it when we feel like it.

holland could deliver that freight,but could they do 2 day service in all the areas wilson delivers? except florida, and maybe a few lower GA. locations. thats what the npme and wilson thing is,2 day service.when alvan went out and we started to use holland for ohio ,MI, and IL. and that was 2 day service being sold,holland wasn't cutting it. if load to holland was 20minutes late, they left load sit. hopefully things have changed . obviously that was some management decesion,ok, but if thats the way you look at getting npme freight, you can see why we still interline with wilson. it's a service we both have been selling for 20+ years,and a service our customers expect. it's not just a load of freight and we'll get to it when we feel like it.

And there lies the problem with YRC. They have all of the resources to do it themselves and keep the money "in house", but "in house" can not offer the service, so give it to the competition.

And there lies the problem with YRC. They have all of the resources to do it themselves and keep the money "in house", but "in house" can not offer the service, so give it to the competition.

the key word in your statement is "service" npme calls the shots when it comes to servicing the customer.
keeps the customer coming back....

Heard rumor from ABF man about Holland closing in northeast this morning, he had piggybacked tractors leaving his barn heading to Albany today.

it is true take it from a newpenn driver

No piggyback tractors in Albany as of 1930, sounds like a story to me...

Only new tractors are piggybacked and if they are Sterlings, they are not coming to Albany.

I work out of buffalo we got more tow motors in last week and im told we are buying a yard horse and bringing back all laid off guys. Something is going down for shure said we will no in a couple of weeks. Called the hall said they are not shure whats going on .

the key word in your statement is "service" npme calls the shots when it comes to servicing the customer.
keeps the customer coming back....
I am glad that you guys still get to call the shots as far as taking car of the customer.
Gotta say that when HMES called the shots it was service first, service last, service, service, service.
Then we all know what happened.
Everyone working has 60 hours.
Us: Lets call back some laid off guys to move that freight.
YRC: Nope let the freight sit.
Us: But we are going to lose these customers.
YRC: Not your concern we are the boss.
YRC: Oh yeah, and push the "Just one more" program.
Us: But we can't service the freight we have.
YRC: Shut up, you are stupid.
So they proceeded to run off or outright fire all the Managment who made Holland such a great company.
NOW they are changing their tune a little bit and we are starting to hear an emphasis put on service once again. Hope it's not too little too late.
And I certainly hope they continue to let you guys do what you do best.

That might explain why there were 4 USF tractors at the Yellow Buffalo terminal over the weekend. Sure is sad to see but I wonder where exactly they will all be dovetailing into??? YRC only or follow the work?? What a strange and scary time to be a steering wheel holder.

Holland took delv. of about 50 new Volvo's the first of the year. They were never put into service. A week or so they all started to disapear from the terminals. We were told they were going to YRC this happened right after you merged. Are these 4 tractors in Buffalo new Volvo's!!