New Penn | Holland closing 11 terminals in north east ?

Does anyone know how much freight Holland gave to LAND AIR ? Will NPME get it now ?

I thought I heard that in the past, but thought it was FALSE!!

Why on earth would Holland (YRC) give freight to LandAir when NPME can do a hell of a lot better than LandAir. This is exactly why (along with many other reasons) the YRC management is so inept!! You have Holland and NPME that are both good service companies (well were better anyway in the past) and yet New Penn gives some southern states to Wilson. I think one of the simple rules of business is to be efficient and keep the money in house!

ABF does the same in Richmond. They do it to make money on each shipment for the terminal. Even if guys are laid off they still give wilson freight.

I thought I heard that in the past, but thought it was FALSE!!

Why on earth would Holland (YRC) give freight to LandAir when NPME can do a hell of a lot better than LandAir. This is exactly why (along with many other reasons) the YRC management is so inept!! You have Holland and NPME that are both good service companies (well were better anyway in the past) and yet New Penn gives some southern states to Wilson. I think one of the simple rules of business is to be efficient and keep the money in house!

when Red Star was put out of biz, Land Air was given the majority of the frt. from the other USF carriers. apparently there was a multi-year agreement with Land Air to deliver their frt. but that contract was not re-newed on orders from YRC about 2 years ago. i can remember back when going over to a contractor on several days and picking up USF that was on their dock and ordered not to be delivered by no one else but NP. soon after, that's when USF trailers were hooked to our tractors and brought to our yards.

Does anyone know how much freight Holland gave to LAND AIR ? Will NPME get it now ?

When Land Air was used, it was to cover areas not serviced by New Penn. I believe New Penn may still use them for some remote locations that they do not service direct.
Right now it doesn't look like Land Air is very busy and I see on their forum they have had a pay cut.

Land Air gives and recieves freight with Holland everyday. Holland only gives them locations that New Penn does not service direct. All other northeast freight is interlined with New Penn.

land air was picking up all the inbound collect frt for holland in new england. several times i"ve picked up prepaid frt for new penn destined for holland midwest and land air was picking up at the same dock for holland routed collect shipments. sounds crazy but true.

Maybe its because they are in the warehousing and distribution business and the freight they are picking up is for those customers they warehouse for??

no this was a regular occurence at a few shippers in our terminal area. a lot of the frt was for the auto related industry

no this was a regular occurence at a few shippers in our terminal area. a lot of the frt was for the auto related industry

Thats exactly my point...They pick it up..warehouse it..and ship to the auto companies when they order it.

We use to do the same thing when we were owned by Arnold. Arnold had warehousing and we picked up freight from various customers and arnold warehoused and shipped them.

Thats exactly my point...They pick it up..warehouse it..and ship to the auto companies when they order it.

We use to do the same thing when we were owned by Arnold. Arnold had warehousing and we picked up freight from various customers and arnold warehoused and shipped them.

Don't we still have that office furniture and electrical supply outfit that drops product at our terminal ?
We do some warehousing / logistics for shippers, or used too.

We do get that freight still..but for the most part we deliver it next day. Only freight we hold is appointment freight which technically is just warehousing it until the customer needs it...but we don't hold much