Holland | Holland Receives 2010 Quest for Quality Awards by Logistics Management Magazine for 2

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., August 24, 2010 - Holland, a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq: YRCW), has been named a 2010 Quest for Quality Award honoree in two categories - Midwest/North Central regional LTL and Expedited Motor Carriers - by the readers of Logistics Management magazine.

For Holland, this represents the 25th consecutive year it has been awarded a Logistics Management Quest for Quality Award.

It is also the sixth time this year that Holland has been honored for outstanding service quality. Over the past two quarters, the company has secured a 2009 LTL Carrier of the Year Award from ChemTreat; 2009 Supplier Excellence Award for the fourth consecutive year from Eastman Chemical Company; a 2009 Regional Carrier of the Year Award from Echo Global Logistics; a 2009 Carrier of the Year award from Hamilton Sundstrand Logistics Council; and a 2009 LTL Carrier of the Year award from TTS, LLC.

"Critical service attributes like on-time performance and damage-free deliveries are as important to us as they are to our customers," said Jeff Rogers, president-Holland. "And because we have more next-day lanes and time-specific options in our footprint than our competitors, customers naturally look to us for speed and reliability. There is no better testament to this than being recognized by shippers in the Expedited Motor Carrier category of this year's Quest for Quality Awards." ...........

Holland Receives 2010 Quest for Quality Awards by Logistics Management Magazine for 25th Consecutive Year (NASDAQ:YRCW)

Thanks to the Spaghetti for the link !

I consider this a "bait pile" for an investor that is looking for a bright future!

It is also the sixth time this year that Holland has been honored for outstanding service quality. Over the past two quarters, the company has secured a 2009 LTL Carrier of the Year Award from ChemTreat; 2009 Supplier Excellence Award for the fourth consecutive year from Eastman Chemical Company; a 2009 Regional Carrier of the Year Award from Echo Global Logistics; a 2009 Carrier of the Year award from Hamilton Sundstrand Logistics Council; and a 2009 LTL Carrier of the Year award from TTS, LLC.

Since yellow sold everything off whats left to buy? Junk equipment and pension liabilities?
They haven't sold off all of our terminals.(Holland) Of course, the pension liabilities come with the purchase of Holland, but Holland never had any problem paying our pensions before YRCW got their hands on us. As far as the junk equipment goes, I agree that it is getting old. We've been forced to lower our standards of quality without a doubt. But, they have done a good job keeping it street legal while saving a ton of money by not buying new equipment. The age of our equipment has reached an all time high, but if we do survive, it can eventually be upgraded. Just ANOTHER sacrifice.....But if we survive, it will be well worth the sacrifice.IMO

Wish in one hand and sh#t in the other other? Maybe theres gold at the end of the rainbow? Along with a bunch of other guys ive been thru companies closing and HOSTILE take overs and dont have much hope,but for everyones sake I do hope it happens.

Wish in one hand and sh#t in the other other? Maybe theres gold at the end of the rainbow? Along with a bunch of other guys ive been thru companies closing and HOSTILE take overs and dont have much hope,but for everyones sake I do hope it happens.
Trust me when I say that I'm not very optimistic nowadays. However, I admit that I was wrong when I predicted our closure over a year ago. I'm glad that we are still around to debate our future. I'm more concerned for many of my co-workers, than I am for myself. I hope for their sake that we survive. For myself, it don't matter much. My optimism changes each day.....depends on my meds.:couch:

Trust me when I say that I'm not very optimistic nowadays. However, I admit that I was wrong when I predicted our closure over a year ago. I'm glad that we are still around to debate our future. I'm more concerned for many of my co-workers, than I am for myself. I hope for their sake that we survive. For myself, it don't matter much. My optimism changes each day.....depends on my meds.:couch:

Last November I would have bet that we wouldn't be here now. So for me its almost like we have cancer that went onto spontaneous remission and we are just enjoying the time we have but always waiting for that spot on the x-ray to show up again. Devastating news always seems just around the corner. I don't think I will ever feel safe again.

Last November I would have bet that we wouldn't be here now. So for me its almost like we have cancer that went onto spontaneous remission and we are just enjoying the time we have but always waiting for that spot on the x-ray to show up again. Devastating news always seems just around the corner. I don't think I will ever feel safe again.
Same here. I think that most of us are getting tired of the black cloud that is hanging over our head. I'm prepared for what ever happens, and I'm tired of the gloom and doom. I don't live my life as if I have cancer that is in remission, so it gets old being in that atmosphere at work day after day. So what ever happens, I'll be ok with it.

Remember folks.....

If you have no plan.....You plan to fail!