XPO | Holy ::shit:: are we swamped. Is everyone else?

upnorth

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
we are running way over capacity. Long nights at the fac, all equipment in use, and just getting busier. Upper Midwest. Any other regions in the same boat?

We are the last 2 weeks . Snow and end of the month this past week turned us up side down. We’er losing 3 fos’s out of 4 in the last month didn’t help either. Every time we get straighten out something screws us up again. Seems as there’s no concept how to run things more than ever.

We are the last 2 weeks . Snow and end of the month this past week turned us up side down. We’er losing 3 fos’s out of 4 in the last month didn’t help either. Every time we get straighten out something screws us up again. Seems as there’s no concept how to run things more than ever.
one day shut down and deer season made us busy, but after Friday were are back to normal volumes on inbound but are outbound is heavier. Must be all that freight we are sending to UPNORTH

Yes it’s a disaster, using cartage everyday, still can’t get freight out to customers. Dock is a mess, freight sitting around for months!!

We have outside cartage too. Without them, we would be hooped.
That's strange. They don't use them at our barn . We still hiring drivers instead of outsourcing the work. I guess its cheaper than hiring people and paying benefits .

No it’s not last mile. It’s freight, we’ve been using multiple trucking companies that come pick up our freight and do P&D. Been going on for months. We also run out of tractors which is funny to me because we’re a damn trucking company!!
Wow ! That never would have floated years ago . Outsourcing may be the future.

We have outside cartage too. Without them, we would be hooped.
Do you think this is a stopgap to a hiring problem or a new way of conducting day to day business ?

We hire outside carriers to cover what are supposedly one way lanes in line haul. Do you think this is the same type of thinking in the P&d side or are they looking for a cheaper alternative to full time employees?

Last edited:
Do you think this is a stopgap to a hiring problem or a new way of conducting day to day business ?

We hire outside carriers to cover what are supposedly one way lanes in line haul. Do you think this is the same type of thinking in the P&d side or are they looking for a cheaper alternative to full time employees?
Trust me... it’s not cheaper. Not by a country mile.

Trust me... it’s not cheaper. Not by a country mile.
I know they bill the terminals pretty steep for their services but I wonder what the break down is when you look at it vs. hiring a driver with the initial cost and benefits. The other advantage is they can terminate their services when business levels slow vs. hiring someone and laying them off and paying unemployment.
Would be interesting to s see an actual cost analysis. I bet when all is added in its cheaper