Dayton | Home Time

You will have time off when they think you have had enough employment.

Your time off in the truck is never really yours. Even preplanned vacation times is not belong to you.

Dispatchers call at all hours wondering if I could get to Memphis or Dallas now to get a hot late load now from my house.

I slammed the phone saying I am busy now. You have a thousand drivers, whistle them lackadaisical bastards out of your drivers room and whip them to it.

Then canceled the hard landline to the house.

Time off equals peace and quiet on my end. They will just have to wait. Even if I was with the truck Im in the sleeper z's or in hotel, batteries are out of the cell and the qualcomm is stabotaged. Nothing there.

Sometimes they send drivers to pound on my door.....

I usually quit and catch a plane or bus home on the spot. My time off is time off. What part of time off do you not understand?

My very favorite episodes of time off would be leaving the truck legally parked, off duty, personal time. No responsibility to the truck in say... Iowa. I'll be on a river boat above st louis for a night gambling. The truck is like 300 miles away and I cannot give a damn for a few days. That time will come when its time to get back to work.

After my time off.

You will have time off when they think you have had enough employment.

Your time off in the truck is never really yours. Even preplanned vacation times is not belong to you.

Dispatchers call at all hours wondering if I could get to Memphis or Dallas now to get a hot late load now from my house.

I slammed the phone saying I am busy now. You have a thousand drivers, whistle them lackadaisical bastards out of your drivers room and whip them to it.

Then canceled the hard landline to the house.

Time off equals peace and quiet on my end. They will just have to wait. Even if I was with the truck Im in the sleeper z's or in hotel, batteries are out of the cell and the qualcomm is stabotaged. Nothing there.

Sometimes they send drivers to pound on my door.....

I usually quit and catch a plane or bus home on the spot. My time off is time off. What part of time off do you not understand?

My very favorite episodes of time off would be leaving the truck legally parked, off duty, personal time. No responsibility to the truck in say... Iowa. I'll be on a river boat above st louis for a night gambling. The truck is like 300 miles away and I cannot give a damn for a few days. That time will come when its time to get back to work.

After my time off.
What thread were you responding to? Geez, not this one

I bet that's probably moving freight though the system on weekends. Is it a system driver position? Or maybe it's a run where you are moving freight to Southeastern. Where are you out of?

I bet that's probably moving freight though the system on weekends. Is it a system driver position? Or maybe it's a run where you are moving freight to Southeastern. Where are you out of?
It just says Transportation Driver paying $2,000.00 a week. It was for the Rockford IL terminal

Ok, so they get a lot of freight in Rockford that comes thoughtout Illinois and moves throughout Wisconsin. So I can see them wanting weekend drivers. The good thing about Dayton is they appear to have the freight. They didn't seem that slow to me while I was there. Plus is great money and good miles

I know a guy who got fired (2 fluke accidents in 1 year iirc) from Dayton Freight in Rockford, IL and *he* has high praises for that place. So I'd say it's a great place to work.