Yellow | Honest Question for the NO voters. . . .

Regular342

TB Veteran
Credits
As most of you know lots of fellow Teamsters are the the sole provider financially for their families with a house wife at home. Some of those folks have special needs children and or spouses. Life threatening special needs to be exact. What do you tell the brother who's child has cancer and couldn't possibly afford to get new insurance as who's going to cover a child/adult with a preexisting possibly fatal condition?

Seriously, what do you say to those people who either have spouses or children who's life may depend on the benefits that this job provides? Do you tell them the same thing you say here? Sorry Jim, you're just gonna have to take one for the team or sorry Jim, stop thinking of your sick child and start thinking about all of us disgruntled teamsters that would rather not have this job?

Tell them to pray. Tell them Obama care will take care of them, thanks to the Unions spending peoples pension money, helping him get elected.

If you are really in that situation and banking it on this company you are really a sorry sob..you should have moved on after the first give back if you really gave a hoot about your family..besides our medical ain't worth ::shit:: (LOCAL 641)..

As most of you know lots of fellow Teamsters are the the sole provider financially for their families with a house wife at home. Some of those folks have special needs children and or spouses. Life threatening special needs to be exact. What do you tell the brother who's child has cancer and couldn't possibly afford to get new insurance as who's going to cover a child/adult with a preexisting possibly fatal condition?

Seriously, what do you say to those people who either have spouses or children who's life may depend on the benefits that this job provides? Do you tell them the same thing you say here? Sorry Jim, you're just gonna have to take one for the team or sorry Jim, stop thinking of your sick child and start thinking about all of us disgruntled teamsters that would rather not have this job?

Well more than likely he's a senior man with 20 or more years in......Probably works all the overtime he can, Including 6th and 7
punches......probably keeping a laid-off man at home as well........ What is he saying to that brother? The same can be said for
a laid-off man in the same position, Who's just trying to get that 3rd day in to pay for his benefits, But can't because of the overtime and extra punches by the same guy............You don't have to be a disgruntled employee to vote NO..........
When is enough, enough for you?

:LMAO:Time to start acting like a real onion,and do what the real Hoffa Sr would do.Tell management to get there resume ready. (YES WE CAN):LMAO:

The issue is black and white. There is no grey to take refuge in. The financial position of YRCW is dire. All involved must carefully examine their needs and vote accordingly. I will vote yes at least in part for the reason that regular342 started this thread. I need the job however there are many I know who need it worse than I do. If or when I reach the conclusion that the job is no longer worth my efforts then I will leave. If this passes then I will be able to leave on MY terms NOT YRCW's or a group of disgruntled teamsters.

Well more than likely he's a senior man with 20 or more years in......Probably works all the overtime he can, Including 6th and 7
punches......probably keeping a laid-off man at home as well........ What is he saying to that brother? The same can be said for
a laid-off man in the same position, Who's just trying to get that 3rd day in to pay for his benefits, But can't because of the overtime and extra punches by the same guy............You don't have to be a disgruntled employee to vote NO..........
When is enough, enough for you?

You coulden't be more wrong, but i will let reg342 respound, as he is working wright now, his first day this week.

You mean there are people that stupid in this union? The company started having problems several years ago. Even w/yearly layoffs I stashed a bunch of cash. Made sure the wife had a job w/insurance.

So let me get this straight. You think that your failure to prepare for an economic downturn should override my ability to make what I feel is a sound economic decision?
(I also have 2 kids, donated thousands to charity and supported my father through a major illness until his death)

Don't you think all the men who walked before was asked this question. Men died for us to have what we have and they risked it for those of us who came behind them had a better job,life. Do you think your risking more than they did. How many times will you allow them to keep coming back and bleeding you dry. each time it was if we don't get this you are going out of business & if we get this concession we believe it will turn around the company. what you give back now isn't about money it's work rules. they have their foot on your throat & they are going for it all, just like a shylock, bleed you until you can't give anymore then they shut you down. do you think drop & hooks flexiable work schedule, a weeks vacation is going to be what turns this company around??? do you really??

You mean there are people that stupid in this union? The company started having problems several years ago. Even w/yearly layoffs I stashed a bunch of cash. Made sure the wife had a job w/insurance.

So let me get this straight. You think that your failure to prepare for an economic downturn should override my ability to make what I feel is a sound economic decision?
(I also have 2 kids, donated thousands to charity and supported my father through a major illness until his death)

I'm sorry about your father and I hope things work out for your child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vwaggs, I am sorry to hear your child has special needs. I will include her and your family in my prayer.

I do not feel it is wrong to give the company a temporary paycut to get them up on their feet.

However, I feel it is treasonus to not protect our work rules. Someone before us fought long and hard and made sacrifice to get us what we have.
And NOW these people who at one time asked to be Teamsters, when times get tough, will just freely give up everything we have, AND NOT EVEN KNOWING IF THAT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE ANYWAY.

Thx guys,
I don't normally volunteer much personal info. I wanted to make the point that not only Yes voters have all these problems going on in their lives. The difference is some of us take responsibility for them and don't have the expectation everyone else should pull their freight.

If this passes then I will be able to leave on MY terms NOT YRCW's or a group of disgruntled teamsters.
Sorry al, no you won't. If this passes.....they will be back in January anyway, asking for more. And then we can go through these debates all over again, just like the last two concession votes. Or do they want us to vote no so that they have an excuse to blame them damned Teamsters? At some point if we keep voting yes, they are going to have to pull the plug anyway, because they can't find enough people to vote their B.S. down.