Yellow | Honest questions for NO voters

1. How low are you willing to go . . . before you quit?

2. For many of you, this is the third time you voted NO, only to see the YES vote prevail. Yet, you still still come back to feed at the YRCW trough. Why?

3. Why are some many of you who claim to be "true Teamsters" now talking about decertification or not paying union dues anymore? That doesn't sound very Teamstery, in fact it sounds . . . so . . . very . . . sad.
The real question should be,how much more are the "yes" voters willing to give up??:

The real question should be,how much more are the "yes" voters willing to give up??:
Questions asked by Box Lover are crucial. Why don't you answer them instead of responding with an irrelevant question. The concessions are in place, those are the facts, because the MAJORITY voted YES. I've read all the BS about POS company and how all the "rambo no's" wouldn't work here under these conditions. So please respond with an answer.

albag,
I will answer the question. I voted no because I have worked too long and hard for 38 years to just roll over and take it in the r--- again and again. I do not consider myself a "rambo no". I consider myself a "real TEAMSTER" who stands up for his and his brother teamsters rights and principals. I do not hate the yes voters like others, i realize that everybodies situation for their families are different. I wish my brother teamsters the best, but I could not work for a corporation who constantly "lies and cries" to it's employees than sticks it up our a---- after they get their way "yes votes" time and time again. So, to finish this up I have left YRC {make you happy} and by the way 4 of my "fellow teamsers" did so too. Good luck.

albag,
I will answer the question also, like ROADY, I've been a proud Teamster for the last 39 years. All the accomplishments we've earned over the years have been slowly going down the drain. What a shame, I've enjoyed a good life and have truly lived the American Dream. Many of you will not,if you keep cowering in the corner! History has shown us that "A society that does not question authority, is a society doomed for dictatorship". Look what happened in America this week,the people sent a message to DC,we've had enough of being lied to. Ask yourself,what message did you send YRC with another yes vote? My opinion, at the next meeting with the company,think of the famous "Howdy Doody", he was a puppet!
When is enough,myself I voted no! When it went through last year,I quit. Could have retired but was 1 year short of getting Insurance (must be 57 to buy Insurance) Found a job within a week driving a semi dump (no touch freight),union with all the benefits.
I refuse to work for a company that intimidates and threatens their employees to get what they want. And it saddens me the Union lets them do it,"But" when no one shows up for union meetings,that sends a message also! I don't understand why many of you think that YRC is the only job around. Of the 7 men that quit last summer,6 of us have found Union jobs and (1) started his own bakery and is loving it. AND THIS is in a area with a 20% unemployment rate. "THINK" There will always be a need for qualified truck drivers! But for the ones that want to stick it out,I truly wish you the best. I truly hope that YRC can be the only company in history to come back to life after a 15% giveback. Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
The silence is deafening from Hoodock. My point was that if you don't like the situation then do something to improve YOUR situation. I am glad for both Roady and Cruzer. I just cannot justify closing YRCW down. I will begin to look for another job myself. I had 20 years with Roadway, a company that was both progressive and innovative in ideas. As well as involved in programs that supported the communities and neighborhoods where we did business. I am proud to say that I've been a teamster since 1974. Believe me it is painful to watch as reckless business decisions are rewarded. But I truly believed that the vindictive and arrogant men who run YRCW would have shut the doors if the vote had been no. Other jobs are at stake here besides teamsters and $bill's. The support staff from every terminal in the YRCW companies as well as those from the AGO and Overland Park. Bill Z and Mike S would not have been significantly affected either way the vote went.

there seems to be a hefty number in the Teamster organization who though in the minority disregard the advice of the BA's and brass when it comes to doing battle with big business and being patient

A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.
George Savile

Questions asked by Box Lover are crucial. Why don't you answer them instead of responding with an irrelevant question. The concessions are in place, those are the facts, because the MAJORITY voted YES. I've read all the BS about POS company and how all the "rambo no's" wouldn't work here under these conditions. So please respond with an answer.

I'd like to take a shot at the trivia. No, if only that it annoys guys like you and mr. lover. And joe!:hysterical:

2. For many of you, this is the third time you voted NO, only to see the YES vote prevail. Yet, you still still come back to feed at the YRCW trough. Why?

3. Why are some many of you who claim to be "true Teamsters" now talking about decertification or not paying union dues anymore? That doesn't sound very Teamstery, in fact it sounds . . . so . . . very . . . sad.

After the concessions late last year I took the loa and went to work for batesville casket. This latest vote was too much. I resigned this morning. I would rather have been able to stand up and make things better for all but that is a dream. The new reality is the teamsters will give this company anything and the workers are voting yes over and over.

After the concessions late last year I took the loa and went to work for batesville casket. This latest vote was too much. I resigned this morning.

In my opinion,here is an example of a smart man! Of the many things we require on this earth is food/beverage, which creates trash. And we are going to die at some point! There will always be a need for people in these industries, and they all require trucks. Have you ever heard one of the large trash/recycle companies Boo-Hooing about not making money and having to layoff? If your thinking about getting out of freight,here are some recession proof jobs!

Crucial questions,thats your opinion!My vote was "NO" not a "RAMBO NO".I never once said anything about decertification,and it easier to look for a job when you still have one.If this is not good enough for you so be it.

One thing I forgot,when they come back for round four,and i am still here, it will still be "NO"!!

I won't quit because I like my job ---but the way the current people are running it sucks.Why should I pay for what zollars screwed up. Quit never . Why I have whiskers older then you have time.When you get 35+ years let me know how you feel then!!!

if hoffa and tyson tell me to drive the truck off a bridge!!!...my answer is which one???and then i do it!.. that just the type of teamster i am!

Six whole years! My are`nt you so grown up now! When you have 25 or 30 years in the union you can talk about being a union man until then SHUT UP!

If he has paid one months dues he is a Teamster! You shut up! It's guys like you that think just because a guy doesn't have as many years as you he is somehow less of a Teamster. A brother/sister is a brother/sister whether they have 30 days or 30 years!!

nice 1st post slave . now get a clue , if you think just paying dues makes you a teamster you are truely mistaken . but i guess in todays world you may be right .pay dues and watch your own back . guess thats all that counts .
im pretty sure my give backs this year are way more than his whole pay has been for last 2 years . not saying its right hes been layed off . but if hes not working hes not putting in the yes $pot$.
now im gonna get jumped by the yes sir guys but who cares . they are only tough guys on here. just jelly fish yes men in real life.
come on reg. let me have it since you are another part time yes man that just bleeds this place out and cant leave a little for a guy that doesnt have another full time gig and needs the money more than you do

Originally Posted by clydesdale
if hoffa and tyson tell me to drive the truck off a bridge!!!...my answer is which one???and then i do it!.. that just the type of teamster i am!

That is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bouncy::hysterical:

that is funny..let me know when you win one without a teamster sanction :6792: