HOS....

Isn't it funny how that works? Those HOS regs don't apply to snow plow operators either. I can't imagine that plowing snow for 24 hrs straight could turn your brains to scrambled eggs.

The old hands might revert to the original h.o.s.

Hopefully there will not be any accidents, crashes or wrecks because of such extended driving allowance.
We'll know soon.
- - -
After Irma hits florida and other states, regs will be lifted for other transport needs.

This sometimes happens when state of emergency occurs in one or more states and since Houston and Florida are known disasters it doesn't surprise me to see fuel tankers on a double log book

This sometimes happens when state of emergency occurs in one or more states and since Houston and Florida are known disasters it doesn't surprise me to see fuel tankers on a double log book

I've mentioned this before, in 1962 what was known as the Cuban Crisis, we hauled military freight and amo into Fla.
We ran no logs,no speed limit, not required an 8 hr break, stopped at no scales or check points.
I think this lasted about 2 weeks, RTL, Carolina Freight and Akers Motor Lines ran this way, I don't know about other carriers.

Back before Mississippi allowed doubles the governor said they would let anything in if it was hauling supplies after the state was hit with a hurricane. I remember some freight lines took advantage of the situation & sent in all doubles. As I remember that state was a hold out on doubles which caused freight to be routed around state lines. Not long after this the law was changed to allow doubles.
When you need help you are not so choosy.

There is a bit of confusion where I work, does the suspension apply to those drivers that are hauling into the affected area's, or everybody in the states listed that may just be local drivers doing local deliveries?

There is a bit of confusion where I work, does the suspension apply to those drivers that are hauling into the affected area's, or everybody in the states listed that may just be local drivers doing local deliveries?
I would suggest it applies to FEMA carriers who have contracts with them
This doesn't include broker loads