Estes | Hotels

you guys staying at the hotels each terminal has posted? Or the shyt ones you dread staying at you going to a better one? Columbus. Indy. Etc. ?
I stay at whatever one takes CLC card unless they give you orders on not to stay anywhere else. Harrisburg has a contract with Value Inn and you have to stay there no matter what or they will bill you.

Too bad you're not Union I can file a grievance over hotel accommodations you guys still sleeping at bunkhouses?

Yes bunk rooms are still open and they suck big time. I think that is one of the reason Estes has a hard time keeping and getting new recruits. To be honest though, the unions reputation is much worse in the trucking industry, I don't think most truckers trust the teamsters. Estes has it's problems but I will take Estes problems over union problems any day of the week.

Yes bunk rooms are still open and they suck big time. I think that is one of the reason Estes has a hard time keeping and getting new recruits. To be honest though, the unions reputation is much worse in the trucking industry, I don't think most truckers trust the teamsters. Estes has it's problems but I will take Estes problems over union problems any day of the week.
Where does estes have bunkhouse? It cant be very many terminals. I never hear extraboard guys talking about them.

Toledo has a bunk house. I dont think you're required to stay there though because I always see tractors parked at the motel.

As far as I know bunk rooms are for schedule drivers only. I had to stay in bunk room in 024, which is why I came off that run. I have higher standards and they don’t take care of the bunkhouse

Had to stay at a hotel in Memphis and it was just plain nasty. Couldnt even shower because it was broken and i wasnt about to sit in the nasty tub. Somebody in room nearby blasting music half the night and the motel owners little kid running up and down hallway screaming. Got very little sleep. I think it was Americas value Inn or Americas Budget Inn on Lamar. Stay away from that place.

Had to stay at a hotel in Memphis and it was just plain nasty. Couldnt even shower because it was broken and i wasnt about to sit in the nasty tub. Somebody in room nearby blasting music half the night and the motel owners little kid running up and down hallway screaming. Got very little sleep. I think it was Americas value Inn or Americas Budget Inn on Lamar. Stay away from that place.
Why on earth did you stay in Memphis?? All the approved hotels are in Southaven.

Why on earth did you stay in Memphis?? All the approved hotels are in Southaven.
The motels were booked up and this is where CLC found a room. The place needed to be inspected as run down as it was and in a bad area. Wasnt for sure the truck would still be there in the morning. Americas Best Value Inn on Lamar ave is what it was. I left it in my phone so i could remember to tell them find another place if im ever out that way again. Other drivers have saying a lot of places the main motels are booked up.

The motels were booked up and this is where CLC found a room. The place needed to be inspected as run down as it was and in a bad area. Wasnt for sure the truck would still be there in the morning. Americas Best Value Inn on Lamar ave is what it was. I left it in my phone so i could remember to tell them find another place if im ever out that way again. Other drivers have saying a lot of places the main motels are booked up.
Gotcha. Surprised you made it out of there alive. If it happens again ask CLC to check Olive Branch MS, Hernando, MS or Byhalia MS. Memphis is a dangerous place to be.

I'm assuming a bunkhouse looks pretty much like a hostel, right? A bunch of beds in a room and a common bathroom?

I'm assuming a bunkhouse looks pretty much like a hostel, right? A bunch of beds in a room and a common bathroom?
The ones that still exist share a common bathroom but they have individual rooms with just a twin bed and a chair normally. None are forced that I know of, some bid lay down drivers have their own rooms that only they stay in at certain locations. I always carry a sheet and a sleeping bag with me if I have to stay at one. On the weekends a lot of times it’s about impossible to find a hotel room in certain locations and unless you want to bobtail 100 miles it’s easier to just set up camp in a bunk room. They really aren’t that bad. Some A little spooky. I swear the one in Jacksonville FL is haunted. I stayed there on a Saturday night once by myself, or so I thought I was by myself and heard some things that I cannot come up with a logical explanation for.

The ones that still exist share a common bathroom but they have individual rooms with just a twin bed and a chair normally. None are forced that I know of, some bid lay down drivers have their own rooms that only they stay in at certain locations. I always carry a sheet and a sleeping bag with me if I have to stay at one. On the weekends a lot of times it’s about impossible to find a hotel room in certain locations and unless you want to bobtail 100 miles it’s easier to just set up camp in a bunk room. They really aren’t that bad. Some A little spooky. I swear the one in Jacksonville FL is haunted. I stayed there on a Saturday night once by myself, or so I thought I was by myself and heard some things that I cannot come up with a logical explanation for.
You should've tried our Atl bunk room back in the 50s.
A basement under the office, all day long high heels stomping and gang boards slamming around.
The dispatcher says, tie a towel on the end of your bunk, I can find you without disturbing others.
When your rest is up, they turn on the lights and scream your name.
That wakes all 20 drivers, each with a towel on their bunk.
Good ole days hell!

was alcohol or some mind altering drug involved?

They stay at the nice motel right next to the terminal! At 045
Get lots of free stays with reward points anywhere in the country. I know a driver that has over 200,000 points. He’s even gave me free beach stays