1. I need some pickup truck owners to visit my next project and help me get it off the ground by registering and posting a few pics and providing a little feedback and suggestions . Go to Truckingboards.net

ODFL Household Moving Service

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Freight Line' started by kenneth, Nov 8, 2013.

1. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

How's thing looking on this at your term?Are you all staying busy with them.We are.Had one this morning that the lady had set this up with U-Pack out of PA.But,she was forward'd to OD from U-Pack.WHAT???????this is no lie.I ask'd about this&was told we are seeing alot of 3rd party set-up's from U-Pack &other's.

2. Ruffian 72

Ruffian 72 Well-Known Member

Thought maybe we were getting into moving House's. Big horse equipment. lol

3. Ruffian 72

Ruffian 72 Well-Known Member

Serious, many companies forward customers to other service suppliers if they don't service an area or don't have equipment available. OD is everywhere now. Many outfits only stay within so many miles of their set locations.

4. Freightsup

Freightsup Well-Known Member

I would say at least half of the household services we do are set up by a 3rd party. Have not seen a U-Pack however. Thats crazy to think about, but having worked at ABF I can say our product is better. If you look into it further though, if you ever see a Menlo logistics bill, which I frequently see, that's a company owned by Conway. Interesting how things work...

5. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

Have over heard the Menlo logistics

6. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

I'm going to venture a guess, having come from Con-way that the Menlo household moves we're getting are dept of defense. Menlo has a DoD contract. Back when I was at Con-way I remember delivering a soldier's luggage to his house when he got back from deployment. It was in a skid-sized covered tote.