ODFL | Household Moving Service

Grumpy O' Man

TB Veteran
Credits
How's thing looking on this at your term?Are you all staying busy with them.We are.Had one this morning that the lady had set this up with U-Pack out of PA.But,she was forward'd to OD from U-Pack.WHAT???????this is no lie.I ask'd about this&was told we are seeing alot of 3rd party set-up's from U-Pack &other's.

Serious, many companies forward customers to other service suppliers if they don't service an area or don't have equipment available. OD is everywhere now. Many outfits only stay within so many miles of their set locations.

How's thing looking on this at your term?Are you all staying busy with them.We are.Had one this morning that the lady had set this up with U-Pack out of PA.But,she was forward'd to OD from U-Pack.WHAT???????this is no lie.I ask'd about this&was told we are seeing alot of 3rd party set-up's from U-Pack &other's.

I would say at least half of the household services we do are set up by a 3rd party. Have not seen a U-Pack however. Thats crazy to think about, but having worked at ABF I can say our product is better. If you look into it further though, if you ever see a Menlo logistics bill, which I frequently see, that's a company owned by Conway. Interesting how things work...

Have over heard the Menlo logistics
I would say at least half of the household services we do are set up by a 3rd party. Have not seen a U-Pack however. Thats crazy to think about, but having worked at ABF I can say our product is better. If you look into it further though, if you ever see a Menlo logistics bill, which I frequently see, that's a company owned by Conway. Interesting how things work...

Have over heard the Menlo logistics

I'm going to venture a guess, having come from Con-way that the Menlo household moves we're getting are dept of defense. Menlo has a DoD contract. Back when I was at Con-way I remember delivering a soldier's luggage to his house when he got back from deployment. It was in a skid-sized covered tote.